Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iChippie
Journeyman III

[AFMF] Fluid Motion at RX 7800XT

Hello guys,

I recently bought the ryzen 7 7800x3d along with an RX 7800XT from Gigabyte. The power of the GPU is amazing as I went from an RTX 2060 Super into this one, currently, I feel a little bit the lack of FSR3 implementation over games such as Rust, and DLSS is always there, but FSR is missing.

I'm kinda fanatic with FPS and seeing that an RTX 4070 pushing more FPS due to DLSS in Rust made me kinda confused about what would be the best graphic card for my case since I play at 2k. Either way, I saw that AMD released the preview 23.30.13.05 which brings the AMD Fluid Motion Frames which made that FPS-Fanatic issue go away since as online claims made, AFMF would double the FPS.

It's important to mention that, even though I play Rust, I'm not a try harder so the input delay is NOT an issue for me.

So after this 'small' introduction here my issue goes:

I seem unable to enable AFMF in any game, currently, I tried: Rust, Avatar, and CyberPunk and in none of them the AFMF even got active.

I saw some weird behavior that was... When I enabled RSR in the driver (Radeon Super Resolution) and changed my games to 1080p (since I'm at 2k) for the upscale, the RSR got activated and AMFMF gets an exclamation yellow icon claiming that it doesn't work while RSR is activated, and when I disable RSR and put the resolution back in 2k the AFMF changes the yellow notification text to "Frame Generation Status: Inactive Not compatible with the game's display mode.", but it never gets activated.

Btw, the yellow notification for the "Frame Generation Status" never shows up until I enable RSR, change the resolution to 1080p, and then change back to 2k (to disable RSR). I believe that is also important to mention that it worked in Avatar in the past, I would simply open the game and a green arrow would appear in the AFMF but now it never works.

I saw a few topics online and I tried: Reinstalling the driver (always using DDU), disabling vsync, disabling HDR, disabling fullscreen optimizations, using fullscreen, using window borderless and window.

Important to mention also that, when it worked at Avatar, it never worked at Rust or CyberPunk, but either way it simply stopped working out of nowhere.

Not sure if AFMF will work on Rust but I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiGkR8FlGTA

Any help on this? Thank you!

0 Replies