Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lobster09
Journeyman III

Radeon 7840HS / 780M crashes in Adobe Lightroom CC

Hi,

i have since yesterday a new LENOVO IdeaPad Pro 14 with 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon 7840HS  / 780M .

When i use in Lightroom CC the new "AI mask funktion", the Lightroom app or the hole system crash/freeze.

my 780M driver is from 20.07.23 / Vers. 31.0.21023.2010

Adrenalin 23.7.2 (WHQL Recommended)

Is there a solution for this problem?

EDIT: here are also Problems with the same combination Adobe & AMD Radeon 7840HS  / 780M 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/photoshop-beta-version-24-7-select-subject...

4 Replies
edocaprio
Adept I

Same problem with Beelink 7940HS radeon 780M. I'm going crazy from the last 5 weeks, can't deliver jobs to my client.
AMD need to create a specific driver for these APUs (780M), the latest driver doesn't work neither.

Draxis
Adept I

No officially supported drivers for the 780M yet, unfortunately. They "tried" with the last driver release but it borked the 780M so badly they removed the support. 760M got support, at least.

Probably going to be at least another month or two before we get official 780M drivers. AMD hasn't spoken a word about it. Didn't even say anything about the last borked driver - Just silently removed the 780M support.

0 Likes
edocaprio
Adept I

Yesterday has been released the new Adrenalin 23.8.1
All the masking in Lightroom and the AI seem to be working now.
I only encountered a crash on multiple photo's synchronize, however whn reopen the catalog the masks are completed.
0 Likes

Lucky lucky. The 780M in the 7840U I have is unfortunately still unsupported in the latest drivers.

0 Likes