cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mjw210
Adept I

ReLive folder keeps reappearing after restart. I do not have/want ReLive installed.

It looks like the AMD Radeon driver (18.7.1) keeps installing an empty folder each restart called "ReLive".  The folder is/always is empty because I do not have ReLive installed, and it used to live in my "Videos" folder.

I've recently cleaned up my computer and have disabled the Videos folder, so now the ReLive folder has been moved to the desktop (which I generally keep completely clean).  I do not want ReLive, and I do not want this folder on my desktop, but if I move/delete/rename this folder to somewhere else it will simply reappear after a restart.  How can I get rid of it?

I've noticed on another thread that there's a registry key that looks promising:

HKCU\Software\AMD\DVR\CaptureFileOutput\

But given it's in the registry I'm hesitant to change or delete anything without understanding what I need to do.

Currently using an R9 390 on Windows 10 (Build 17134)

6 Replies

Same way you handle any folder you don't want to see, hide it.

So I actually have "Show Hidden Folders" activated since I access AppData and those folders occasionally.  I'd rather not change my habits because of a quirk in someone's programming, and I don't believe that you can fully hide one folder while showing other hidden folders (unless I'm wrong).  Any thoughts on the registry key?

0 Likes

Create a shortcut to AppData, or remember the shortcut, %AppData%

0 Likes

It's not simply AppData, it's ProgramData and really any other hidden folder I may want to access.  Like I mentioned above, I'd rather not change my habits to accommodate their programming.  If possible, I'm looking for a full solution to the folder that keeps reappearing.

0 Likes
tosione
Adept I

I deleted the registry input you mention and the folder, and It doesn't reappeared (v18.7.1 driver). Let's see what happens at next update.

c9637m
Journeyman III

mjw210 

I deleted the reg entry CaptureFileOutput @HKCU\Software\AMD\DVR\.  Saved the reg, rebooted and was able to remove the ReLive folder.  Removing to Recycle bin left the folder on the page but Emptying the Recycle Bin took it away.
0 Likes