cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nteagarden
Adept I

Radeon 24.1.1 drivers crash with Teams

It's worse than just looped footage from the release notes. 24.1.1 driver has numerous issues. The prior version was stable but even clean up won't get me back to v23 working correctly.  Anybody know how to be sure that all vestiges of 24.1.1 driver are cleared out?

It's a hot mess. Can't have this damaging my firm's reputation even if I do tell everybody to whom we're presenting on the webconferences and videoconferences that it's AMD stability problems. Will need to switch to Nvidia soon unless we figure the rollback or bug fixes.

For reference, these are the problems I've already identified: (using Radeon 7900xtx)

1. Flicker: For participants that are using portrait mode (like using a mobile) when others are using landscape, the black borders on each side that compensate for the different display ratio will flicker with random images.

2.  Crash: Running teams videoconferencing with an extended desktop on two displays will eventually crash after several minutes. Strictly running videconferencing on a single display seems to work for at least as long as my typical videoconf.

3.  Crash: Sharing content in a window (like a Powerpoint Presentation) will eventually crash after several minutes. I don't normally share my entire desktop so that might also crash.

14 Replies
spinalfailed
Challenger

Did you use the AMD cleanup option or DDU? Use DDU from safe mode then reboot and install the previous drivers.

0 Likes

I originally did AMD cleanup to downgrade and then the v23 drivers still crashed with Teams. Next I used DDU but noticed that 24.2.1 had been released and tried to use it.  24.2.1 still crashes. Now that I have time I'm going to downgrade to v23 using DDU and see if I can get it running properly on that until a stable v24 is released.

0 Likes
marcosvpaula
Adept II

Same here. Every time I share my screen on Microsoft Teams the driver crashes.

Driver 24.1.1 , Windows 11 PRO , 7900XT.

Same, and even with 24.2.1, it crashes.

0 Likes

Yes I can also confirm that 24.2.1 does not resolve the Teams crashes when sharing.

The same, whatever I share with others or others share with me.
Didn't got this issue on 23.12.1

vankata83
Journeyman III

Same, 7800XT here, I was try almost everything, but driver still crashing after sharing my screen on New Teams app. This is unacceptable. Teams run fine on intel HD 4000, but not on 7800XT.

Yea, same. I went back to the 23.12.1 drivers, and everything works. I just used the AMD installer to downgrade as well. Didn't need any 3rd  party tools.

snipes
Adept I

Does anyone know if the Teams sharing crash issue was fixed in new released 24.3.1?

It's worse here. The Teams is freezing and closing all time when I share screen or turn on the camera.

Sad, AMD sucks!

gvh1234
Journeyman III

I'm really glad to find out that I am not alone.
I've just built an AM5 system - 

ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS with with Ryzen 9 7900X running Windows 11

I have never been able to use Teams for video calls. The flickering leads to the CPU going nuts which leads to stuttering and the entire system grinds to halt. I have had to dig in a cupboard and install an 8 year old Geforce card.

I can even switch the HDMI connector between the two cards during a Teams call and view the difference.

I had this on previous drivers (I forget which ones). I even had some flickering when someone else screen-shared on the drivers from Microsoft, but nothing like as bad as the recent ones. I too am on 24.1.1

0 Likes
marcosvpaula
Adept II

I've installed the 24.4.1 with a little hope because they mention a fix for Teams bugs on driver notes.

On the first sharing screen last week the same error happend. It isn't fixed.

Vianns
Adept I

Yeah same, updated with some hope, still crashing.

0 Likes