cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jamesthewiz
Newcomer

R5-2400G w/B450 Aorus (PURPLE DISPLAY AFTER DRIVER INSTALL)

So I'm building this machine for a friend of mine. I'll post all the specs below.  And it's been running great for the past week while I ran a bunch of games on it for my normal "Break-in" procedure, and then formatted the SSD, and preformed a CLEAN install of Windows 1903.  One windows was done, I went to Gigabytes page and downloaded all the drivers and tools / features that come with the board.

After the Chipset drivers were installed, I moved onto the Radeon Drivers. (As you and I know this has onboard Vega Graphics).. The Installed launched like normal, asked me if I wanted to do a "Clean" install so I said "YES" and selected the option to automatically download and install the latest drivers right then and there.  After about 10mins, I could see the install was just about complete.  Next thing I know, BOOM!!! The entire screen is PINK/PURPLE!!!!!! I can still see my mouse, but NOT most of the washed out Windows 1903 desktop.  After a power off with the power button press (Yes it shut down, it wasn't a hard off) and another press of the button to turn the system back on, it boots back up into Windows and looks NORMAL Again!!! 

Has ANYONE Else seen this??? 

I'm also getting a message in the Windows Notification Center that says" Radeon Settings has detected that one or more high-DPI panels are connected to your system. Enabling Virtual Super Resolution Will increase you resolution and all you to custo.... And then I can't read anymore of it from there....

Anyone know what this is about too??

Current Driver info from DevMan:

Provider: AMD

Date: 9/3/2019

Ver: 26.20.13001.50005

Thanks

Wiz.

0 Likes
1 Reply

The purple/pink sound like the Win10 issue that has since been fixed in July build 18362.267.

If your up to date with that, then try a custom > clean install of the amd driver by download/save the full graphics driver pack direct from amd drivers page, start install from the saved pack then choose custom > clean install.

Do not use the 'Auto detect.....' for the above driver install.

The windows notifications for radeon settings can be turned off in windows Apps.

The two you mention pop up on new driver installs, you might want to also uncheck many in radeon settings > preferences (your choice on how often you want to be annoyed by them ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..