cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zagorhac
Journeyman III

Problems with video playback (stuttering, video freezes)

Hi,

I have this problem since I have upgraded to 7800xt (3 or 4 months and 2 or 3 version of drivers). The first video, after I turn on the PC, that is played on YouTube in chrome or edge or whatever, is unwatchable. Sound plays fine, but picture freezes, stutters, flashes green... With time (2-3 Minutes I guess) is everything fine. A second video plays fine (even though it is played maybe a millisecond after the first one). This issue is annoying as hell. Especially when I forget and the video I was meant to watch freezes, and then I need to wait a couple of minutes to actually see it. Closing the browser and reopening the YouTube link doesn't help.

I have Windows 11. The graphic card before was RX470, also AMD - no problems. Today I have deleted the drivers with DDU, but the problem persists. Please help.

2 Replies
whitesmaverick
Journeyman III

It sounds like a driver or hardware acceleration issue with your new GPU. Try reinstalling the latest drivers directly from AMD's website and disabling hardware acceleration in your browser settings to see if that resolves the playback issues.

0 Likes

Same. I have problems with all videos, especially in browsers with all drivers 23.x and 24.x.
Mostly driver timeouts like in most games, but often green and blue flickering of the whole screen, which even occurs without any video, just running Win10. System restart helps for a few hours. Has nothing to do with browser, hardware, power supply - it's solely a AMD driver problem with external cards, in my case 6600 and 7800.
Has nothing to do with HAGS, Power State, TDR, MPO settings either...

Worst driver is 24.6.1 until now, so back to 24.5....
Never again AMD!

0 Likes