cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

VladoCZ
Journeyman III

Problem with wireless cast to TV and newer drivers (2019+)

Hello, I don't know, if it is better to write here or direct to support, co I try there first.

Detailed problem with explanation and video is here on this forum: Problem with disconnecting my PC from wireless cast to TV. 

Brief description:

AMD Ryzen , RX570, Windows 10 with latest updates, updated every driver in my system. When I try to project screen wirelessly to my TV, a connection is estabilished and immediately disconnected. By studying event log and error memory dump file I realized, that there is a problem with some files of graphic driver which cause errors in process WUDFHost.exe .

I tried many things, finally, I realized, that drivers Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Feb12 and any older drivers are OK and casting (projecting) my PC screen to my TV is all right, but with every newest driver, including the latest on AMD driver downloading page causes errors and immediately after estabilish connection is my TV disconnected.

For detailed description for what I tried, informations from crash dump etc. please visit link on bleepingcomputer.com.

Is there any suggestion? Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Replies

According to your crash dump at your posted link, this is the AMD file it mentions: atiumd6a.dll, File description: Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver

Do you have any other WiFi connection on besides the PC?

Does it work correctly with your laptop with the latest AMD Driver installed?

You mentioned you had your Laptop connected also besides your PC.

Does your TV show a good connection to the PC via WiFi via the TV's Settings?

Does Device Manager show any errors after trying to connect to the TV?

Do you have the latest TV/Monitor driver installed?

In Windows local WiFi Connections, on the Taskbar, does it show your TV? 

In my Samsung Smart TV I needed to input the Router's Wifi code to get it connected on the TV's Settings.

But you did mention a previous 3 y/o AMD driver works correctly but not the latest AMD version.

Sounds like the latest version either has a conflict with another driver or the latest is not fully compatible with the TV set WiFi feature.

Could also be a bug in your specific case in which case I suggest your open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) ticket and see what they recommend from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Note: if you already tried all of the above then someone else may be more helpful or you can provide some troubleshooting that you have done besides what you have already mentioned.

0 Likes

Do you have any other WiFi connection on besides the PC? - I have WiFi router with more devices connected, but PC is only connected to router. For testing I used two different USB WiFi dongles and also disebled wired connection.

Does it work correctly with your laptop with the latest AMD Driver installed? - My laptop hasn¨'t AMD graphic card, but intel. My laptop is connecting and casting without any problems.

You mentioned you had your Laptop connected also besides your PC. - When laptop is connected wirelessly, casting from laptop work without any problem. When I tested my PC, laptop wasn't connected simultaneously.

Does your TV show a good connection to the PC via WiFi via the TV's Settings? - yes, I have about 3 meters distance and as I mentioned, with older drivers there are no problem and connection is stable also in high res (1440p)

Does Device Manager show any errors after trying to connect to the TV? - device manager not, I can see errors in event viewer and I mentioned them in posted link

Do you have the latest TV/Monitor driver installed? - I updated every driver for every device possible. Difference is between older and newer AMD VGA drivers. With any of older driver before version I wrote here, there is in 100% testing cases not any problem and everything works fine. With any of newer drivers above mentioned version there is everytime that problem. I tried about 20 different versions of driver between years 2016 - 2021 to found, which are working correctly and from what version not..

In Windows local WiFi Connections, on the Taskbar, does it show your TV? - I can see TV in my devices, I can see my TV when I click to search available devices, I can connect to my TV. With older drivers connection is stable, with newer there is problem with immediately disconnecting (as I posted informations from eventlogs, there are some critical errors and program violations, which causes disconnecting)

In my Samsung Smart TV I needed to input the Router's Wifi code to get it connected on the TV's Settings. - there is everything setted correctly. Laptop OK, computer with older drivers OK. With newer drivers not OK. This is pointing directly to PC problem, most probably with some VGA driver conflict.

But you did mention a previous 3 y/o AMD driver works correctly but not the latest AMD version.- that's correct. Every older version below Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Feb12 is working correctly. Every newer, including the latest, didn't work.

So I try to open support ticket as you suggested. Thank you.