Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

upeguiborja
Journeyman III

Re: Problem with windows 10 and Radeon adrenaline updates, HELP PLEASE

Also have a problem with the official AMD drivers installation,

Hardware Specs:

Asus Laptop N551ZU with AMD FX7600P 4C+8G, with AMD R9 M280X.

It's a recent OS install, just yesterday and driver install fails every time, tried SFC /scannow, checked windows image, Used AMD cleanup utility and DDU. And tried to install both from windows update and from the installer but no success, once it kind of worked, i installed the may 18.9.3 version and screen went black for 30+ minutes then i forced shutdown and rebooted and my drivers were fine but a dialog appeared saying that there was a hardware change so i rebooted normally and now my drivers were gone.

I think windows messes with the installation, don't know how to stop it from happening. Will try preventing OS from installing drivers (Control Panel>System and security>System>Advanced Config>Hardware>Device install config>Disable) to check if it works some freaking day.

0 Likes
duijckaerts
Adept I

Spent quite some time struggling with the same. I came to the conclusion that there is an issue with the stock BIOS for HP's AMD R9 390X causing the driver install to fail and the system to hang.

I have created a custom BIOS for the AMD R9 390X HP OEM. I used an XFX BIOS (XFX.R9390X.8192.150612.rom) and updated fan and other settings to be equal to the original HP one.

I have flashed it and the GPU is working fine now. AMD drivers were updated to the latest version "Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.5.1-June10", 27.20.1017.1011.

A link to the modified ROM below. Use at own risk.
HP AMD Radeon R9 390X 113-C67132-104 - fixed

Output from GPU-Z:

GPU-Z.png

0 Likes
jan_yvan
Journeyman III

got same problem...really pissed off...i solved it by freshly installing the OS and the culprit is the last update from windows (KB4586781)...i uninstalled it and paused the updates...walllaa, back to normal....

0 Likes
lucasbrown
Journeyman III

Recently I have updated my graphic and bought and graphic card, But when I was using the Gforce graphic card I had faced issues like Windows SmartScreen Can’t Be Reached Error after following this guide: https://www.reviewsed.com/fix-smart-screen-cant-be-reached/ I had resolved the issue, But the issue occurring, again and again, that is why I have changed my graphic card. 

0 Likes