cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

IlyaKaelas
Journeyman III

Problem with Virtual Super Resolution on an AMD video card and a Samsung S95C OLED TV.

RX 6800 XT, when VSR is turned on, the maximum available hertz mode for the panel is automatically activated, in this case it is 144 hertz. I need the ability to choose the Hertz frequency myself, because the TV from the “Console” mode that I set for it, automatically switches to the “PC” mode at 144 Hertz and the contrast drops and all normal settings disappear, such as Dynamic, standart, eco, movie, filmmaker mode, that is, it is impossible to use VSR! And it is very necessary on such large diagonals. What to do? Help2024-05-23 233946.png

2 Replies
shuddaboughtnvidia
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. I would really like to use VSR at 60Hz so I can use my display's blacklight strobing. But the driver forces VSR to run at 200Hz or whatever it is the highest refresh rate available for the display.

The only "solution" I have found is to (temporarily) delete the resolutions higher than your desired refresh rate, using ToastyX Custom Resolution Utility, then restart the driver with ToastyX CRU "restart64.exe".
When you are done using VSR and want to restore all the delete resolutions, run ToastyX "reset-all.exe" followed by "restart64.exe" and all resolutions shall be restored.

A lot of effort but it is the only option for now. Or forever. Depends if AMD wants to fix this or not.

0 Likes

Thanks, but this won't help. This is the first thing I tried, CRU sees only the maximum value of 120Hz for this TV.2024-05-24 120205.png

0 Likes