cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Falk48
Adept I

problem with the latest driver Adrenalin 24.1.1 (WHQL Recommended) for Windows 10

distortion and stuttering of the sound at random moments, this happened after updating the Adrenalin 24.1.1 (WHQL Recommended) driver for the RX 6650 XT, the problem is in the driver, everything was fine with the previous drivers, I tried reinstalling the driver, even reinstalled Windows, but the distortion was still there there is also. My system is Ryzen 5 5600 and RX 6650xt

16 Replies
V1ad6
Journeyman III

I have ryzen 5 5600g and rx 6600 and i faced EXACT SAME problem with sound and image stuttering after the update. So, thank you for your comment: at least I know what is the source of this problem and that I'm not the only one to have it

Falk48
Adept I

I was helped by rolling back to the previous driver amd driver 23.12.1 you will have to wait and sit on the previous driver until the new ones are fixed

0 Likes

how do you rollback? I am having similar issues but worse (computer locks up)

First you need to completely remove the driver; I use Display Driver Uninstaller for this. After completely removing the driver I installed amd driver 23.12.1

nexyism
Journeyman III

5600g/rx6600xt

same problem, when is the patch?

I'm sure that the problem is in the new driver, this never happened before, just install the previous driver (23.12.1) and the problem disappears

0 Likes
molod
Journeyman III

Same here

Ryzen 5 5600X / RX6600

Using browser "Picture in picture" causes micro freezes on 24.1.1

Everything was fine before update

yes, an unpleasant bug, it’s good that rolling back to the previous version of the driver fixes it

0 Likes
GenTurgidson
Journeyman III

I had the same problem with Windows 11, RX 6650 XT, and iRacing after updating my driver last week. Totally fixed it by going back to 23.12.1 by deleting using DDU and re-installing the older driver and software.

Also wanted to say Thank You to @Falk48 for the tips and the thread here!

Thank you very much, I'm glad I could help

0 Likes
Miguex
Adept I

Same here. Ever since I installed the new drivers I keep getting these random micro-shutters. How can AMD mess up this badly with drivers. Last time it was the whole PC freezing for very long periods that was driving me crazy.

- Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6600.

I've been using 23.12.1 until yesterday, when I decied I should finally update my drivers after a long time. What do you think happened? I now find myself back here, 2 months later with the same issue. Gonna have to rollback the driver once again. Come on AMD, fix your **bleep** driver.

0 Likes
sany10
Journeyman III

I have ryzen 5 5600g and rx 6600 SAME problem

I advise you to remove this driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), the new Adrenalin 24.2.1 driver (WHQL Recommended) was recently released, I did not encounter this problem

0 Likes

already did DDU and amd cleanup utilities same problem..fixed it by going back to 23.12.1

0 Likes
PowerDuck
Journeyman III

Same issue on 24.3.1. Audio randomly stuttering when I'm browsing websites in chrome. Or when I'm scrolling through windows settings, opening/closing explorer windows.

There is also another issue, the sound randomly becomes quieter for a second sometimes when I'm browsing sites in chrome.

Rolled back to the old drivers and this helped.

Windows 11

i5 11400, RX 6600