Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smartengine
Journeyman III

Problem with Cossacks 3 with newest drivers

As stated, with the newest version for Windows 10,
as well as the last couple of drivers for Windows 11 via Windows update,
broke Cossacks 3 as it is stuck in the loading screen. You can hear the water and background noise but not the game itself.

Unfortunatly I also cannot send this via the Bug Reporter, as the software is broken under Win11 and tells me that the driver is not supported.

Any suggestions?
Older drivers make other titles unplayable. I.E.: Rainbow 6 Siege (Vulkan)

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

The issue should now be resolved in Adrenline 24.3.1 drivers released yesterday. Please refer to the release notes for more information. 

Fixed Issues
Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.

View solution in original post

89 Replies

It usually starts to crash/freeze for me when at least 4 players are in game(player and 3 bots) on no matter what map size is, it makes crash/blackscreen when game loads up and if its loads up somehow successfully, once I press F10(settings keybind) I get freeze. Sometimes game stucks/freezes in the end of loading menu(feels like it's loaded tho, because game sounds appears, but thats it)

0 Likes

Hello,

Hello Matt,

I can only play 2vs2 matches. If I choose more opponents, the game crashes with a black screen, and sometimes I receive an 'Out of Memory' error.

0 Likes

Thanks for the extra info folks. 

I've been looking into this a bit more, and wondered if you thought this was the same issue mentioned on Reddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/Cossacks/comments/17icd6m/out_of_memory_when_only_36_of_the_ram_is_used/

I say this as these users are not running AMD GPUs, which means it might not be a driver issue but a game issue. Nonetheless we are taking a look at it. 

I haven't experienced the issue mentioned in the link. The primary problem now is the inability to play on larger maps and with more players. Additionally, I've noticed a graphic bug with flashing black spots on the textures on the new driver. None of these problems existed before on driver 22.5.2 , but this driver is already very outdated. Cossacks is very buged game, when i was playing on nvidia gpu it was at least playable, all options and lobby settings worked fine, graphics worked fine as well. But on amd you MUST install driver 22.5.2 which is ultra outdated, if you want to play Cossacks without graphics bugs or if you want to host big lobby in mp

0 Likes

Hi, my name is Taras, I am one of the Cossacks 3 streamers.
I was very happy when you released new drivers with a patch for Cossacks 3, but unfortunately the fixes did not work fully...
To play Cossacks, I utilized version 22.5.2 of the driver. Everything functioned well with this version; the game didn't crash even with the maximum number of players and the largest map size. Models and textures were also fine. However, there were issues with capturing the game. It consistently crashed after the end of the match when captured by a third-party program.
It was impossible to use instant replay and other amd software features.
The new version of the driver ensures smooth game capture and all AMD features are functional. However, there are difficulties when loading matches with a large number of players or large maps. This renders it impossible to initiate a large-scale battle with followers or to host a tournament using the 4v4 option.
I would greatly appreciate it if AMD could address the driver issues for Cossacks. I didn't encounter any of these problems when I played on an old laptop with an Nvidia graphics card. I also want to eliminate the concern that when I purchase a new-generation AMD graphics card, Cossacks might not function properly on it.

I will leave here screenshots with the configuration of my PC, with the game, and the settings at which the game crashesScreenshot_1 – копія.pngScreenshot_3 – копія.pngScreenshot_4.pngdriver versiondriver versiongame crashes on 2x map when it's 5+ playersgame crashes on 2x map when it's 5+ playersgame crashes on normal map when it's 8 players on the mapgame crashes on normal map when it's 8 players on the maplicensed versionlicensed version

Dragokar
Miniboss

So please send in reports in the dedicated format again. It worked for me in the quick and dirty test like we probably all did For sending in please use this:

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.3.1, use the tag FORUM-24-3-1-GAMER56

0 Likes
Olexanderoff
Adept I

0 Likes
Muracha
Journeyman III

Hello, i am having a problem the game will just freeze on Last Preperations (so the game wont load up when i try to play in multiplayer), it can play in small amount of players but when i am playing 3+ players i just get stuck and others can connect. tried to lower the graphics that helped me but in 30 min i always get out of memory crash. the driver i am using is 24.3.1 GPU 5700 XT 

Please see my earlier post in this discussion. This is known and under investigation.

How long? I am currently looking to upgrade my graphics card (currently rx 580) and am choosing between amd and nvidia, if I could play my favorite game on amd I would choose amd without hesitation

0 Likes