cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

prist256
Journeyman III

Problem with AMD based laptop

Hello ! I have a problem with AMD products. I have a laptop based on AMD (A8-4555M APU with Radeon HD7600G, and discrete Radeon HD8550M ), I can’t pick up a driver that will allow the laptop to work at full strength. The program installs drivers, warning that an incompatible AMD video card has been detected, although if you believe the list of supported products, it is supported. I tried to install everything, starting from version 15.7.1, ending with 19.9.3, the installation works fine, but after rebooting the system works for two minutes, and BSOD appears. Only drivers from the Windows Update Center work correctly, but there they are very old (2015). Please, help.

HP. The manufacturer’s website also contains drivers for 2013. And the video card management center radeon also does not work with them.

p.s. sorry for my bad english, i use google translate.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Please read this:

Laptop graphics update...How to 

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. "

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install.

Here is how to select the correct driver:

https://www.amd.com/en/support 

Your graphics/APU is considered Legacy....meaning no more updates. These are the last.