cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hassan1907
Journeyman III

problem rx 6600

i have a problem with driver rx 6600 when i move the mouse to any white search bar the mouse cursor be hidden and when move the mouse cursor out the search bar 'll apper again 
how can i slove this problem i'm try alot of previous drivers and had a same problem .

0 Likes
9 Replies
pizzle1983
Adept I

Interestingly, since I've installed the RX 6600 yesterday, my RDP sessions to Windows servers now have a white coloured cursor - which means any inputs or content editable aspects with a white background loses the cursor.

My own desktop cursor colour hasn't been affected.

Pretty frustrating since my work is all through RDP sessions. 

I can't find any windows settings / control to change this cursor colour.

0 Likes

if 'own' desktop cursor didn't change , are you sure it's not about your rdp app ? or your remote server ?

and so not sure we are speaking about same thing than op , as rx 6600 didn't receive driver update and i have 7900 recent driver update .. so seems unlikely to be driver related ... may be a windows update

0 Likes

Maybe it's nothing to do with rx 6600 - I'm only pointing the finger as it's the only thing to change in my setup. And my colleagues also RDP to the same machines using the same RDP app and they don't have the same issue.

I RDP using the Microsoft Remote Dektop app version 1.2.3770.0 (x64).

Also looks like the issue only happens when the RDP is full screen. Also mentioned by others here: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/graphics-card-messing-with-mouse-pointer/m-p/558094

0 Likes

i have same beharviour than OP in search bar, and just tested RDP on a linux server desktop , didn't notice any color problem .. very different case from op in my view , and again nothing related to drivers for what i see  ...

pointer being hidden maybe on purpose , and color things white on white , nothing seem the same here in descriptions ... sorry i'm trying to sort things to answer op thread in priority here lol

0 Likes

There's quite a few other threads regarding the same issue it would appear and the end solution there is to mess about in the registry which is a bit iffy, here's one example: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/invisible-mouse-pointer-citrix-workspace/m-p/548694/th...

0 Likes

ok but what i'm trying to say is that what you describe doesn't seem related to op description

maybe i'm wrong but based on descriptions

on citrix forum i see a workaround is to change cursor in virtual host apparently...by changing cursor file .. explaining the common denominator  is more about windows 11...

and seems that rdp mouse cursor "disappearing' is an issue happening for lot of different reasons for what i see... what you citrix thread points is maybe a combination of differents things ... but yeah for that problem i might not be able to help you except from searching on search engines ... as i don't have any virtuel windows desktop to test here

0 Likes

My apologies if I've hijacked the thread, I'm new to this.

I'll listen out on the other threads to find more info, hopefully some of what I'm raising helps the OP find some relevant info.

xlox
Forerunner

never noticed that, but i just tested and it seem i have that to , but not sure it's a "bug" maybe it is attended ... don't know if it related to browser or windows , seem unlikely to be related to driver ...

one thing for sure it's not a "6600" "problem"

and the only thing i know is i updated my windows yesterday .. but yeah even, didn't notice that behaviour before you say it

I have the same issue - using an AMD ryzen 7 5825U processor Dell laptop - next to that I have a desktop PC with an AMD ryzen 9 5950x and a Nvidia RTX 3060 (the desktop does not do this) - I can transfer the session back and forth - yes they are both running windows 11 22H2 OS build 22621.1555 

0 Likes