cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eldergrove
Journeyman III

Please help, Code 31 error after using AMD software installer

Please bare with me, as I am not very technologically savvy- I just enjoy playing games. I have an ASUS Rog Strix G15 Advantage Edition, and it's worked wonderfully for the year+ I've had it. I just recently installed a new game that should work perfectly (I pass the system requirements), however about 15 minutes into gameplay it crashed. So I thought maybe my drivers needed updating, so I ran the AMD software installer (adrenalin edition), and it downloaded a few chipset drivers as well as AMD Radeon RX 6800M PRO 23.Q3. After the install and computer restart, I immediately noticed that my brightness slider was missing. I went to my Device Manager, and noticed in my Display adapters that "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics" has a yellow exclamation mark next to it, with the error being "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect.". 

I tried running the AMD software installer again with the "install(repair)" option, but the same issue is persisting and I am not at all sure what to do next from here. I saw some people in other posts talking about "DDU" but I have to restate how clueless I am with technology. I don't really know what that means, nor how to do it safely. Any detailed walkthrough help/videos would be greatly appreciated, as I'm genuinely freaking out over possibly permanently messing up my laptop. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Krees
Journeyman III

Hey eldergrove, not sure if you're still having this problem but I had the same issue and seemed to have fixed it. I uninstalled AMD Software: PRO Edition and installed AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition and did a system restart. That seemed to fix my issue and I no longer see the yellow exclamation mark next to my display adapter. Maybe try uninstalling and installing the Adrenalin driver?

0 Likes