Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kabukijo
Adept II

Performance Drop since Driver 23.3.2 !!

heLLo,

Every update since 23.3.2 affects my games performance in The Witcher 3 !!!

The image stutters every few seconds when I move / pan the camera !  Although the game runs at pretty much the same average fps wich is 60 (avg) - 136 (Max) , like on driver 23.3.2 !!

I don't have this problem on driver 23.3.2 when i revert and downgrade !!

I did an factory reset aswell, but didn't help a thing (as ussual !)

Iam using an RX-6000 on Win10x64 Pro (up to date)

Cpu FX-8350 @4.7Ghz utilizes 50 - 60% ingame the witcher using same settings on all driver releases though..

Oh well, it's back to 23.3.2 for now ...!

cheers,

MOBO : ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) / CPU: R9 5900x /GPU: 7800XT → RTX 4070Ti / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz XMP/ SSD: Nvme ssd Pcie 4.0 / PSU: 850 Watt
0 Likes
5 Replies
AMD_cire
Challenger

it still happens to me on 23.4.2

Same as yours, bit lag when move camera... but not annoy me too much, so I just let it slip.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

@AMD_cire wrote:

it still happens to me on 23.4.2

Same as yours, bit lag when move camera... but not annoy me too much, so I just let it slip.

I don't know about you.. But to me thats annoying LIKE HELL !!!  

Imagine this, your battle not just 1 but 10 men surrounding you and have that second freeze every 5 seconds on top of that !!!  

Let it slip ?  Right.... you certainly encreases the chance to slip right into your simulated grave ..

so, moral of the story .. DOWNGRADE the driver A.S.A.P, solved that pretty much for me..

MOBO : ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) / CPU: R9 5900x /GPU: 7800XT → RTX 4070Ti / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz XMP/ SSD: Nvme ssd Pcie 4.0 / PSU: 850 Watt
0 Likes
kabukijo
Adept II

Don't respond ALL at once please

0 Likes

Just roll back. Its really that simple. I'm using may 2022 preview drivers, on my new Vega card, but when i use my Radeon Pro W6600 card i always use Enterprise Pro driver 21.q4 which is far more superior than the newer drivers IMO. 

Just my opinion, but older drivers are always faster and more stable than newer ones, usually it takes the newer drivers months and months to catch up with performance over the older ones. I notice this from using Nvidia and AMD and i also notice each card has a certain driver ( one or two ) that works just for that card. Just my views anyway. 

0 Likes

Hello,

Naturally , rollback is ALWAYS the first thing i do at the first glance of trouble!!

And that doesn't apply only to driver updates, but software updates aswell ...

So yeah , many performance issues since 23.4.1 and up  ingame TW3, during which the image freezes for half a second every so often when turning character / camera ingame The Witcher 3 !!!  

THAT ↑ RIGHT THERE, is the MOST FRUSTRATING thing to have ingame, especially in combat fights !!!

But i wouldn't go as far as using drivers from an decade ago though..

It depends how recent the gpu is, and what os (Xp, Win7, etc ..), and lastly Game support (= performance / compatibility !!)

Furthermore, i had to use most recent driver for my RX6600 card to make full use of the RSR feature on many games.  RSR just didn't work on certain titles using obsolete drivers i have experienced !!  And indeed, the vulkan api has been improved for that purpose according to release notes ... and from my experience..

cheers,

kabukijo

0 Likes