cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eyates
Journeyman III

PCI Data Acquisitions Driver

I have a newly purchased mini PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics that has, listed in Device Manager, an exclamation mark next to the PCI Data Acquisitions... device. I've already downloaded the latest processor and graphics Adrenaline package available from the AMD support page (v. 12.11.2) and it did not fix this driver issue. I also tried to download the Driver Auto Detect tool, but that link is broken. I get taken to a page that is blank with "not found" being the only thing listed there.

Any advice, suggestions, or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
olgabotezatu
Adept I

Sometimes, Windows Update can provide drivers for hardware components. Make sure your Windows system is up to date by checking for updates in the Settings app.  Right-click on the device in Device Manager with the exclamation mark, select "Update driver," and then choose "Search automatically for updated driver software." This will prompt Windows to search for and install the latest driver. Visit the manufacturer's website of your mini PC and look for drivers specifically for your model. Sometimes, they provide drivers tailored for their hardware configurations that might not be available through generic driver packages.

0 Likes

Go the Device Manager for the driver having the error and click on "Details" and then click "Property" and scroll down to HARDWARE ID. See if it shows a Device Id that uses that driver that is missing or causing the error.

See if you have the following device in Device Manager - "AMD IPU Device" If you do then look at the following thread that I posted.

Found this previous AMD Thread about the same PCI driver missing and one of the Users was able to find the correct driver to fix the error: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/pci-data-acquisition-and-signal-processing-controller-...

Screenshot 2024-03-07 115241.png

Found a few threads where that same PCI driver occurred and was fixed by installing the Intel Chipset BUT on a Intel processor PC and not on a AMD Processor PC.

EDIT: Found this Github Thread about AMD IPU Device driver error: https://github.com/amd/RyzenAI-SW/issues/5

NOTE: Downloaded the latest AMD CHIPSET Driver package and unzipped it and looked at its INFO.XML file. I didn't see any driver listed under that error nor any AMD IPU Device being listed unless it is listed under one of the PCI driver listings.

0 Likes