cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Shamanji
Adept I

pc spontaniesly reboots

So with the Amd software adrenalin 24.5.1 i had 4 bsods from the 22th of maj to the 18th of june and i was told on the microsoft forum by advisers that it was amdryzenmasterdriver.sys that caused those i then unsinstalled them and installed them with minimal installation there the amdryzenmasterdriver and cpumetricsserver.exe is not installed it ran fine after that, then on the 27th of june came Amd software adrenalin 24.6.1 and i ran fine also with full install wich i could not with the Amd software adrenalin 24.5.1.

I talked to amd and they investigated AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and cpumetricsserver.exe then when the Amd software adrenalin 24.6.1 came out i was told by amd that cpumetricsserver.exe has been removed due to suspision of bsods and other errors. when i installed those i didnt get bsods but sudden reboots so idk about that.

Dna Event Log.zip

The event log will show 4 critical errors after the install of Amd software adrenalin 24.6.1.

Then the 5th of Juli i got spontaniesly reboot twice during the night at 04:33 i shut down the pc and tried again approx 10 min later and then i got the same at 04:46, was told that those was AMDRyzenMasterDriverV26 was to blame here.

The one the 6th of Juli was my own fault as i wanted to try a messure how much watt my system used under fulll load almost 1000w and my psu is a super flower 2000w leadex platium tho its 9 years old it should still do it job i hope.

Then one during the night to the 7th of Juli with i dont know what caused it  but in event log i can see it has the same info as the two on the 5th of Juli so maybe they are the same issue AMDRyzenMasterDriverV26 or AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys.

Now i have uninstalled chipset/grafik drivers with ddu and amd cleaup utility and installed both again with the change to Amd software adrenalin 24.6.1 those i didnt not do a full install of but a minimal so that AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys is not in the system it only comes in with Amd software adrenalin full install and the program Ryzen masters to oc wich i dont have installed.

So wanted to hear if others had the same issue spontaniesly reboots? and how they fixes assuming they did

0 Likes
2 Replies
Shamanji
Adept I

One thing to add is from the 22 maj to the 18th of June amd bug report tool poped up and said i had error related to amd drivers and that is where I got the 4 bsod.

Then at 27 of June were the new amd adrenalin drivers came out 24.6.1 and until the 5th were i had those sudden reboots when the pc had just entered windows 11, it never game me sudden reboot when windows was all loaded 5 mins or so in but  amd bug report tool never poppede up there it oroberly never got the chance to know what happend. 

0 Likes

when i use amd software adrenalin full install it installes and when i use windows search to search for either amdryzenmasterdriver.sys or cpumetricsserver.exe it finds them but when i use amd software adrenalin minimal install i cant find them by using windows search.

but i then seached the regedit and it told that in C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client there is a amdryzenmasterdriver.sys.

Also i have a asrock trx40 motherboard and i have a-tuning installed and under C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning\Bin i can see 3 AMDRyzenMasterDriver files.

1.AMDRyzenMasterDriver : type : safetycatalog

2.AMDRyzenMasterDriver : type : Installationinfo

3.AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys type : systemfile

but i have always had that app installed even before i changed from a Nvidia Gtx 980 Ti to a Amd Rx 7900 Xtx

could this be the one refered to in event log that somehow conflict with the amd driver that also install AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys?

0 Likes