cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pera22457
Journeyman III

PC Shutting Down During Games – BIOS Update Needed, but Manufacturer Doesn’t Provide One

Hello everyone,

I’ve been having an issue with my PC where it shuts down during gaming sessions. I’ve already tried several troubleshooting steps, but the problem persists. I believe the issue might be related to my motherboard’s BIOS, as I’ve heard that a BIOS update could potentially solve it.

Here are my system specs:

• Motherboard: BPC A520M 2-TG
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5600G
  • Power Supply: 500W
  • Graphics: Integrated GPU

Unfortunately, the manufacturer of my motherboard does not release any BIOS updates, which leaves me stuck. I’m considering whether to contact AMD support or try another solution, but I wanted to see if anyone here has faced a similar issue. Has anyone found a workaround or alternative BIOS update? Any advice on how to resolve this would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Is your processor the 5600G reaching and passing 95c while gaming?  If it is that is why the PC is shutting down if it goes past 95c until it reaches a critical shutdown CPU temperature.

To test the stability of your PC,  download and run OCCT CPU, GPU, & PSU tests. See if the PC shutdown during any of those tests. While running the tests keep a close eye on Temperature, Fan speeds, and PSU Outputs.

OCCT might give you a good indication which hardware is causing your problem.

Also could be due to incompatible RAM in regards to the 5600G CPU.  I would run Windows Memory Diagnostic to make sure your System RAM is not defective but it won't verify if you have incompatible RAM or not.

BIOS updates are good to help issues with incompatible hardware like RAM to be more compatible and to make your PC more stable and to add new features.

NOTE: AMD has no control over Motherboard Manufacturer's BIOS and their updates. AMD does provide the data needed to create new BIOS versions to the manufacturers.

View solution in original post

FunkZ
Exemplar

Is this the motherboard that you have?

https://www.brazilpc.com.br/placa-mae-desktop-brazilpc-am4-bpc-a520m2-tg

It is only 4+2 phase power with no heatsinks on the VRM components. As @elstaci suggests, your system could be shutting down due to overheating, either of the CPU or the VRMs.

What CPU cooler are you using and what is your ambient temperature?

[edit] I just saw your other thread:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/pc-shuts-down-during-gaming-request-for-support/m-p/70...

You state that "the PC shuts down" but you also state "the screen turns off" while everything else is still running. These are conflicting statements.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Is your processor the 5600G reaching and passing 95c while gaming?  If it is that is why the PC is shutting down if it goes past 95c until it reaches a critical shutdown CPU temperature.

To test the stability of your PC,  download and run OCCT CPU, GPU, & PSU tests. See if the PC shutdown during any of those tests. While running the tests keep a close eye on Temperature, Fan speeds, and PSU Outputs.

OCCT might give you a good indication which hardware is causing your problem.

Also could be due to incompatible RAM in regards to the 5600G CPU.  I would run Windows Memory Diagnostic to make sure your System RAM is not defective but it won't verify if you have incompatible RAM or not.

BIOS updates are good to help issues with incompatible hardware like RAM to be more compatible and to make your PC more stable and to add new features.

NOTE: AMD has no control over Motherboard Manufacturer's BIOS and their updates. AMD does provide the data needed to create new BIOS versions to the manufacturers.

FunkZ
Exemplar

Is this the motherboard that you have?

https://www.brazilpc.com.br/placa-mae-desktop-brazilpc-am4-bpc-a520m2-tg

It is only 4+2 phase power with no heatsinks on the VRM components. As @elstaci suggests, your system could be shutting down due to overheating, either of the CPU or the VRMs.

What CPU cooler are you using and what is your ambient temperature?

[edit] I just saw your other thread:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/pc-shuts-down-during-gaming-request-for-support/m-p/70...

You state that "the PC shuts down" but you also state "the screen turns off" while everything else is still running. These are conflicting statements.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
pera22457
Journeyman III

Thank you. After running some tests, I’ve noticed that my PC shuts down when the temperature exceeds 85 degrees Celsius. I’m currently using a CL-823 65W air cooler, and it seems the issue is indeed related to overheating. To address this, I’m planning to purchase a new air cooler and test if it resolves the problem.