Dibya
Adept I

PC freezing

CPU : Ryzen 5 1600

GPU : Sapphire pulse RX580

Mobo : Rog strix B450 f- Gaming II

Ram : Gskill tridentz 8gb 3000mhz Single stick

PSU : Corsair vs550

My pc stops working and freezes at anytime also in idle and yellow light glows in mobo. 

I have benchmarked and stress test RAM, CPU, GPU but cant find any fault or errors . Installed windows many times and updated drivers and  Bios, but still no hope . No overclock or any Xmp.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

0 Likes
13 Replies

Do you mean that surfing the web (no games or apps running) your computer has these issues?

Today I just booted up and it freezes then the yellow light on the motherboard started blinking. There is no specific time when it freezes.

@elstaci

Ideas?

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

How did you test the ram and how many cycles did you allow it to run?  I'd use memtest and let it run an hour or more just to see if the freeze occurs.  Have you checked for corrupt system files?

0 Likes

Hi,
Yellow Q-led suggest a problem with memory:
Manual page 1-22

Flyfisherman_0-1621834524780.png

•  If you are using 2 memory stick, then it should be installed in slot#A2 and B2
    Manual  page 1-5
Flyfisherman_1-1621835229159.png
  • Check your memory with free memtest86+  its a very small s/w and fits easily on a CD or USB stick and the computer must be booted from this (You will have to change the boot order in BIOS).

memtest86+ then automatically starts running memory test, let it be running over night or over a full day.
    The test takes longer time when more memory is installed and it will keep running until You shut off the computer.
  • The test will stop automatically when an error is detected.
    https://www.memtest.org/
    Download here: https://www.memtest.org/#downiso
  • If there is a problem, remove the memory sticks but one and run memory test again with just one memory stick.
    Then replace the memory stick with the other until you find out which one is faulty.
    Memory sticks should always be from the very same memory kit that the memory manufacturer has put together and supported by the motherboard, especially when running at high speeds and tight timings.

Just some thoughts.
Best regards from Sweden

I have single stick RAM on second slot. I have read the manual it indicates toh th DRAM . But after freezing my Gpu driver gets deleted.

0 Likes

i have same problem 

i do nothing . just afk in desk table and my pc is freze . or start google chome and after 5 10 20 min maybe 5 hours pc i freze - he is realoden the red CPU light on the motherboard is on.

i get this problem after update driver from site amd .

what version driver you have ?

i reinstall my windows and NOT install any driver from amd site and not download any version amd Adrenaline . . Windows 10 auto update my driver. and 6 day i live without wheze .

but I'm still at the testing ..

I left only 1 RAM instead of 2x before. and try to swap them.

Still did not understand, the problem was solved by reinstalling windows10, or completely removing the drivers.
So far I can’t say for sure. But I have a driver now

this driver what i have with auto UPD driver with windows10  

screen https://prnt.sc/13d8kef

https://prnt.sc/13d8lug

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&REV_E7
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF
PCI\VEN_1002&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_1002
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

this driver form DEV ID     https://devid.info/find?lng=ru&text=PCI%5CVEN_1002%26DEV_67DF%26REV_E7

try to create Recovery point in windows and delete all diver with DDU  and try to install driver what i say 

OR delete all driver and try click button, ond upd driver  in https://prnt.sc/13d8kef  2 buttons on top - and press auto find driver.

if this method doesn't work, just download the driver from devid with my link .  

And !!   this is just try to find problem.. You must understand Where does this problem come from!  with RAM on With driver .

good luck(

Me too. Been having this issue for over a year now. Freezes happen at random. Usually my PC freezes right after resuming from hibernation. If it does not freeze then, then it usually freezes at random within the next 10-15min. After rebooting, if it does not freeze again, it stays on with no problem.

Mine too can freeze at random moments. Be it idling, browsing on Chrome, playing a game, browsing through folders. To top it off, my video's in full screen are always stuttering too.

Whereas I got the same exact system, but with an Nvidia GPU and no problems are there. When I swap the GPUs, it always is the system with the AMD GPU having all these issue's. 

What I have tried:

- Swap GPU with identical system;
- Reinstall OS on formatted SSD;
- Reinstall OS on formatted SSD without syncing with my Microsoft Account;
- Reinstall Adrenelin drivers + tried older versions;
- Install only the driver without GUI;
- Changed OS-drive from NVMe to SATA;
- Reseated RAM;
- And some other things.

Anyone with no freezing issues mind sharing their driver version?

0 Likes

Have you the problem only with 21.5.1 / 21.5.2? I have simillar problem with the 21.5.x driver.

0 Likes

Yes! But also with slightly older Adrenelin versions.

Have been using version 19.1.12 for a while (was suggested on reddit for my freezing/crashing issue), but one day that too started causing freezes unfortunately. At times, the AMD driver itself shows a pop-up message mentioning that something went wrong and that the driver has crashed.

Do you also have the full-screen video frame-drop issue like me? What app I use does not matter. So long it's video and it's full-screen, I encounter FPS-drops. The video becomes very choppy. However if I watch the video outside full-screen mode, it's smooth with 0 FPS-drops. 

I'm trying to find a driver that fixes at least one of those two issues.

0 Likes

I have checked memory on windows default memory test. And I have single channel stick on second slot. I have formated windows many times and tried older and newer version.

0 Likes
Dibya
Adept I

*Update : I observed that when I have restarted my pc after freezing my Gpu driver gets deleted. And I have to re-install my Gpu driver .

I have 8gb single stick Ram on second slot.

0 Likes

8GB memory might not be enough if You are running Windows 10 64-bit and playing games together with antivirus and other s/w loaded.
Even it it works it could be a slow system sometimes, because if the dram is not enough then Windows will have to use the swapfile on the disk and that will be very slow and could even causes programs or even Windows itself to not respond.

16GB is at least recommended, depending what Windows ver. and s/w You are using - for example 2x 8GB memory sticks from the very same memory kit that the memory manufacturer has put together and supported by the motherboard.