cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mick500
Adept I

PC crashing after changing adrenalin profile

Hi, so pretty much as the title says, if I change adrenalin profiles it will crash my PC. Weird thing is it's always on the third change. So if I change from "default" to "overclock" then "overclock" to "underclock" then it will crash on the next change say back to "default". 

The other weird thing about it is that I can disable freesync and the issue goes away. I can change profiles as many times as I like with no issues. It doesn't make sense. 

I have no idea why this is happening. Only thing I can think of that may be an issue is, I installed MSI afterburner today but I've deleted it and ran ccleaner to get rid of any registry entries. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Mick500
Adept I

Alright, It seems to only happen when I'm running at 120hz. If I turn it down to 59.94 in windows advanced display it doesn't crash. I figured it could be a faulty HDMI cord or not up to spec for RGB 4:4:4 120hz but that isn't the issue. The issue still happens at ycbcr420 and 8 bit. There's no way a HDMI 2.1 spec cable can't handle that. Plus I've been using the same PC HDMI 2.1  cable for over a year. 

So it's something going on with the refresh rate making the driver crash when changing profiles. @ 120hz. 

0 Likes