Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Waldmeister
Adept I

Outlook365 Problems

Hello everyone,

I have the problem that since I have an AMD graphics card (AMD Radeon 6900XT), my Outlook365 flickers when writing or opening windows. Sometimes the text is generated late. I always have the latest drivers, and there is no change. The problem only goes away when I remove the graphics card and use my Intel onboard graphics card. However, that cannot be the solution. In the Microsoft forums, I brought up the issue, who thought it was AMD's driver. I don't know how to solve the problem. The graphics card doesn't have any other problems - gaming is no problem, but apparently it doesn't like Office365 or Outlook.

Unfortunately, hardware acceleration can no longer be deactivated in Outlook365.

Maybe someone else has a solution?

Here are my system specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K
  • MB: GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
  • Ram: 32 GByte Gskill 3200 Mhz
  • Gc: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
  • Monitor: LG 27GP850-B WQHD

• Gc Driver: Adrenalin 23.3.2  ( All previous drivers brought no changes )
1 Solution
Waldmeister
Adept I

Problem solved. You have to add Outlook in Adrenaline and enable Anti Lag. That solved all my problems.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Waldmeister
Adept I

Problem solved. You have to add Outlook in Adrenaline and enable Anti Lag. That solved all my problems.

Thanks Mate,  solved to me too. I was going crazy

I switched over to nVdia after the holiday sales and decided to check on this issue before the uninstall and lo and behold...still there!
It's 2024 and this issue still persists.  AMD needs to get their act together.
Anyway, good luck guys! And thanks for the kluge!

Farewell AMD!  Better Luck in the AI wars to come!

rasmasyean
Adept I

Thanks for the solution.  It worked for me as well with Office365 artifacts.  I don't know how you figured this one out, but great catch.  Been trying to submit bug reports and find a fix for months!

Details:
Cards affected:
RX 6650 XT, RX 7600, RX 6750 XT
Possible conflict (guess only):
Intel based chipset or CPU maybe.  Problem affected both a 10th gen and 11th gen Intel based system.  And I guess OP's is 12th gen.

Problem:
Since at least 12/2022...
Whiteout artifacts:  OneNote textblocks, Outlook reading panes, Excel sheets
Screen coordinate artifacts: Outlook folders displaying wrong name, Excel areas displaying wrong name or menu item.

Solution:
As per above post, place exe in "Games" in Adrenaline and enable Anti Lag.

0 Likes

I discovered it by accident. It just didn't let me rest. I have to work, but it wasn't possible to work like that. I'm glad I could help you.

Yeah, I hear you.  I switched my main over to a RTX 4060 Ti (similar to RX 6750 XT which was still returnable) anyway since I didn't want to risk wrong numbers in Excel affect business decision in the odd case where it will cause a loss or something.  At this point I'm not sure AMD is reliable enough to fix it permanently or what else there is that will come up and take months or more to resolve.

I'll have to say, it's a great value compared to nVidia for games (assuming it works), but overall it's a much bigger loss in headaches if you get the wrong driver issues.  I suppose it's safer if you have an AMD setup?  Oh well...hope your find helps others that suffered this or better yet, if an AMD dev happens to come across this thread, use your debugging efforts to find the root of the cause for the next release.

0 Likes