cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shorion
Adept I

opengl problem i guess...

Hello, i have a problem on ''osu!'' video game it makes the game unplayable and it is not the game's fault imo because i installed the 22.5.1 version of amd driver and it solved. The problem causes above 22.5.1 version of amd driver i think. So the problem is when i alt-tab on osu! and return to game it flashes screen 2-3 times. After that game is being laggy (lag increases depending on how many times i alt-tabbed). If i alt-tab too many times it feels like im still on alt-tab in the game. As i said the problem solving on the 22.5.1 version but my pc is not very good im getting worse fps on every game if i return to 22.5.1 Thanks for reading.

6 Replies
Sniperka98
Adept I

Hi, I just registered to confirm this. I recently updated to 23.4.3 from 22.5.1 and have encountered a problem with osu and stumbled upon this post randomly while searching it.
The issue seems to come from the fact that the game goes out of fullscreen exclusive and becomes borderless. I have 2 monitors, so whenever something graphically demanding happens in a window on the 2nd monitor there are stutters, and also the Windows overlay becomes visible even though I disabled fullscreen optimizations. To recreate it easily you need to open the game, play a beatmap (there is a weird flash of black screen at a random point in the beginning of the map with this driver too btw), then you can exit to menu and alt+tab or hit the start button a few times and it will exit from fullscreen exclusive mode.
Hope they fix it, but until then you can use compatibility mode in the game options (it switches the game to D3D9, it also works great for me).

Hi,

Just FYI, here is a related issue reported in the OpenGL developers forum: AMD drivers have had broken OpenGL exclusive fullscreen for almost 6 months now

As mentioned in the above post, a bug ticket has been created for the "exclusive fullscreen mode" issue and the OpenGL team is already investigating it. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

I see it indeed aligns with this problem. It's been a while... hope it gets fixed soon

0 Likes

i only have 1 monitor but problem seems to be the same also compatibility mode causes cursor lag anyway

0 Likes
shorion
Adept I

well, this problem is still going on. i guess i will never buy something amd again

Sniperka98
Adept I

Any light in the tunnel guys? plz

0 Likes