cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Organik05
Journeyman III

New PC build - 7900 XTX Stability Issues

The problem seems to be with the Adrenaline software, recently it's been crashing while playing a few games. The bug reporter says that it's a "Driver Timeout" but Im not sure that's the exact issue.  The games I've been currently playing are The Division 2, New World, and Cyberpunk 2077. The crashes will close the adrenaline software, the screen goes black, and it closes out Icue which in turn shuts down the RGB Murals and my CPU Cooler screen. It also shuts off the second monitor, I am not sure if this is a Video Card issue, but having the system monitor open on the other screen shows me that the processor and the video card aren't even at 50% load and the CPU temp is well below high heat. 

Recently I just built a new PC with the following Specs:

Device name The White Ranger
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor 4.50 GHz
CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT
Corsair RAM 64.0 GB DDR5 6400 
Asus Prime 670E-PRO WiFi
Radeon 7900XTX - Current AMD Drivers (23.7.2)
Samsung 980 1TB NvMe
Samsung 980 2TB NvMe
Inline NvMe - 512GB
Inline NvMe - 1TB

0 Likes
7 Replies
1Angel
Journeyman III

Hey,

I had the same issues with new PC for weeks, i fixed it by just turning off the "Instant Replay" in Adrenaline software,
You should try!

0 Likes

This is already Disabled, What issues were you having?

0 Likes

where this option?( for non-eng users), i don't see it

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model?

Are you running any cable extenders INSIDE your case? ..ie PCIe riser cable ... etc

Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date

Check for firmware updates for your SSD's ..especially your Samsung drives

My 7950x was unstable when running at 6400 w/ UCLK=MEMCLK .. so I run my 2x32gb Gskill Ripjaws S5 XMP 6400 (Hynix) CAS32, DDRv 1.4v, SOC 1.3v UCLK=MEMCLK/2 @ 6200 CAS30, DDRv 1.35v, SOC 1.21v UCLK=MEMCLK, FCLK=2100 (B650E Steel Legend)

ThreeDee PC specs

Waiting for my Ryzen 9 7950x and the 7900xtx to arrive. Seen a few comments on stability issues with this GPU now since ordering - hope mine plays nicely!

0 Likes

Unless you get an old stock reference card with vapor champer issues when mounted vertically .. you'll be fine as long as you have a good power supply .. and have the GPU plugged directly into the motherboard using cables straight from the power supply

PCIe riser cables can be hit or miss .. some of those pretty color matching power cable extenders with the RGB lights can be a source of issue(s) too

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
maxwlh
Adept I

when you installed the drivers, did you only install the adrenaline gpu drivers? or did you install all the motherboard drivers as well? go here and do the auto detect and install. hopefully that helps.

0 Likes