cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gtrknight
Journeyman III

No audio after installing amd adrenalin (HDMI cable)

I recently installed the new AMD Adrenaline software and after restarting there was no sound. After some research it seems I'm missing the AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver?

I've always used an HDMI cable with no issues until I updated the software.

I have a Radeon HD 7950 running on Windows 10

0 Likes
6 Replies
Jesusse
Adept II

Try unistall driver and delete archive and restart pc

Screenshot_9.jpg

and check using TV Audio hdmi

Screenshot_10.jpg

0 Likes

The AMD high definition audio device is no longer (it definitely was there before) there after installing adrenalin. Only Realtek shows up.

0 Likes

ok I had a similar problem with my Radeon HD 6870 card, what I did was update the bios of my motherboard and I fixed the problem, check your motherboard if it does not have any bios with the same problem as mine

Screenshot_11.jpg

0 Likes
TheJester73
Journeyman III

Did any of this work? I have an A8/R5 laptop,  for years i have fought with AMD.  The Catalyst updated, and wiped the drivers, and then then nothing I  could do, was the get the drivers recognized, so the software was fricking useless. Took me fricking forever to find the right version of an old catalysis install, since I wasn't allowed to change a **bleep** thing outside the bare bones controls in windows.   but after some windows updates, that too stopped working "AMD graphics drivers unavalable/not working". Yesterday I installed Adrenaline, since catalyst would no longer install, and low and behold it recognized and updated the drivers. Sweet. Looks really good again,  But now audio plays only through laptop, ASIDE from "testing" using the trouble shooter, I can only get stereo, and ZERO options for HDMI, why the hell is it playing through my Amp as a test, but all audio only drive thought fricking laptop. 

0 Likes
TheJester73
Journeyman III

Did any of this work? I have an A8/R5 laptop,  for years i have fought with AMD.  The Catalyst updated, and wiped the drivers, and then then nothing I  could do, was the get the drivers recognized, so the software was fricking useless. Took me fricking forever to find the right version of an old catalysis install, since I wasn't allowed to change a **bleep** thing outside the bare bones controls in windows.   but after some windows updates, that too stopped working "AMD graphics drivers unavalable/not working". Yesterday I installed Adrenaline, since catalyst would no longer install, and low and behold it recognized and updated the drivers. Sweet. Looks really good again,  But now audio plays only through laptop, ASIDE from "testing" using the trouble shooter, I can only get stereo, and ZERO options for HDMI, why the hell is it playing through my Amp as a test pattern, but all other audio only drives thought fricking laptop. 

0 Likes
seto
Adept II

For the longest time, when I installed AMD graphics drivers, they would override my sound settings and set themselves up as the default sound device. I would have to go into Windows Control Panel and reset the current sound driver back to my sound card. 

This behavior stopped after the last 6 or more driver packages. But I also now force the AMD drivers to always do a factory default and blow away previous user settings.

So in short, check what your system now uses for its default sound device.

0 Likes