cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

My monitor is not working with new AMD update

So, I had received the new AMD Adrenalin version update for 24.6.1 for my RX 6650xt, and I so I downloaded the update, the screen flickered black as per usual, then, BAM! My screen resolution was permanently changed from 1600x900, to like 1280x720 no reason, with super virtual resolution  TAKEN OFF. So I couldn't change it back to normal, so then I had to roll back the driver update using another persons monitor that WORKED with the update, but my monitor didn't. So I roll back and my computers normal, but now I'm getting this message: 'The version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. Please check your system for other versions of AMD Software: Adrenalin version that may currently be installed.'

This might be an issue that my monitor is too old, but I don't know.. I cant update my graphics card driver anymore, or the same issue may arise. Are there any risks to not updating AMD/Graphics Card driver?

My Specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D 6-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB DDR4 3200MHZ
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Monitor: Acer S200HQL

Please Help!

JJG
0 Likes
1 Solution

1600x900 is kind of an odd-ball resolution, called HD+ that came out 15 years or so ago between 720p (HD) and 1080p (FHD) and may not work well with the latest driver. You may be correct in that the output of the card is 720p and the monitor is scaling it to the native, causing the poor display you are noticing.

You could try a DDU (Display Driver Uninstall) to wipe all graphics driver files and reinstall an older version to see if that reverts it to prior performance.

Or as suggested, since the rest of your system is capable of a more modern resolution, plan your next upgrade to a FHD or QHD monitor.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

How are you getting VGA output from a 6650XT?

System specs look good, recommend a FHD or QHD monitor upgrade.

I am using a VGA to HDMI adapter. I dunno if I mentioned this, but my monitor looks grainy at my normal resolution ever since that update, as if I was using super virtual resolution are like a 4K resolution. Is this a sign of monitor death?

JJG
0 Likes

1600x900 is kind of an odd-ball resolution, called HD+ that came out 15 years or so ago between 720p (HD) and 1080p (FHD) and may not work well with the latest driver. You may be correct in that the output of the card is 720p and the monitor is scaling it to the native, causing the poor display you are noticing.

You could try a DDU (Display Driver Uninstall) to wipe all graphics driver files and reinstall an older version to see if that reverts it to prior performance.

Or as suggested, since the rest of your system is capable of a more modern resolution, plan your next upgrade to a FHD or QHD monitor.

0 Likes