cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

quakerbetsy
Journeyman III

Maxsun Radeon RX550 Driver

I bought one of these a while back, and I never have figured out how to get it to find its driver. Is it supposed to go out on the internet and findd it? Am I supposed to have it loaded somewhere specific in my computer? 

0 Likes
8 Replies

Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support

Select & Submit as per image,

550.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Maybe also have a read https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rsx2-install

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. In my case, I install the hardware, then start the computer. As the driver is not loaded, the card can't find it, and I have only a black screen. So I turn off the machine and take out the card. My original equipment card takes over, and I have a live screen. I go to AMD for the driver, but when I download it, it doesn't know what to do, because the card it operates had to be removed so that I could get a live screen. I'm going in circles. Is there some way to find out where to put the driver, if I download it without the appropriate card in place, so that once I do install the Radeon card, it will look for its driver where it is supposed to be and find it, then use it to add life to my screen? 

0 Likes

Install the new card but leave your display cable connected to the old card. Boot into Windows and install the Adrenalin software. After a restart you should be able to move the display cable to the new card.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

No cable! Card installs directly into motherboard. If I download the driver without the card plugged in, should the downloaded driver go automatically to the proper location so that card and driver will find each other, once I do plug in the card?

0 Likes

The cable to your display. Leave it on the old card until after you get the software installed.

The Adrenalin package won't install if it doesn't detect any valid hardware.

0 Likes

The "old card" is not a card, but a resident function on the motherboard. The Radeon card plugs directly into the motherboard, at which point it appears to disable the motherboards resident graphics functionality. This is when I need a driver somewhere on my computer that the radeon card can find the driver (and the driver can find the card). So far, I have been unsuccessful in getting a download of the driver into that place where it can be found and utilized by the Radeon card. I know I must be missing something!:(

0 Likes

You don't mention what motherboard and CPU you're using, or what the onboard graphics is? Or what operating system you're using?

Most motherboards will allow both a discrete card and integrated graphics to run simultaneously. And every modern version of Windows will load a Microsoft default graphics driver that allows the add-in card to work at a basic level. You'll still want to install the AMD driver for best performance.

You should get some kind of output from the card when it's installed, if it's a working card and compatible with your motherboard.

0 Likes