cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MasterSaygo
Journeyman III

Launching game causes system reboot

Just upgraded my GPU to Rx7600XT. I hadn't done any changes to Adrenalin with previous card. Decided to try Auto overclock for one game the adrenalin. Launched game from adrenalin. Game started, but then pc went into a system restart. After I got back to desktop I reset adrenalin back to default on that game. Then restarted system. Then tried to launch game. Still going into system restart. This is not happening with any other game. Not using any other overclock software. Need a solution/fix to this issue. Thanks

Processor : Ryzen 7 5700G

Ram: 32gb DDR4 corsair

Power: 750watt

Board: MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk

Storage: 4tb Sony gen 4 NVME x2

Running newest version of Adrenalin.

Windows 10

Windows not updating 3rd party software (not updating Adrenalin)

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Exemplar

Uninstall Adrenalin and then see if the game will launch.

If that fixes it then run DDU before reinstalling Adrenalin.

If it's still crashing then see if there's a way to start the game in a safe/default mode.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Uninstall Adrenalin and then see if the game will launch.

If that fixes it then run DDU before reinstalling Adrenalin.

If it's still crashing then see if there's a way to start the game in a safe/default mode.

0 Likes
MasterSaygo
Journeyman III

@FunkZ; What is DDU and where do I get it? Thanks

0 Likes

Display Driver Uninstaller - it completely removes all graphics driver files before doing a reinstall.

If you prefer not to use a 3rd party utility like DDU, then on the AMD Adrenalin installer screen, select Additional Options, then Factory Reset. This essentially does the same thing.

0 Likes
matt_ddk
Journeyman III

Usuń najnowsze aktualizacje sterowników, zainstaluj 24.5.1. U mnie pomogło, po prostu najnowsze aktualizacje nie są dopracowane... 24.6.1 spowodowały brak uruchomienia gry i reset komputera, 24.7.1 miała to naprawić ale widzę z tego co tutaj piszą, że problem nadal występuje. Zostałem przy 24.5.1 i nie mam żadnego problemu. Poczekam aż dopracują najnowsza aktualizacje i dopiero ja zainstaluje.. Trochę to słabe ze strony AMD.. 

0 Likes
MasterSaygo
Journeyman III

@FunkZ; Thank you very much. Uninstalled Adrenalin. Could not launch game because graphic drivers were not installed yet. Game needed Dx12. Ran DDU. Reinstalled Adrenalin. Did sys restart. Launched game. Game now works. Of note, had HYPR-Rx selected, but found that color in game as well as streaming movies, was looking smeared together or bleeding together. Kind of like being out of focus. Now have QUALITY selected, with no super resolution. And all looks good again. Lesson learned. Don't use adrenalin auto-overclocking. Seems sad that the company that makes the hardware doesn't even know what the safe over-clocking parameters are for their own hardware.