cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SuperT702
Adept I

Latest Driver Causing Issues with Audio (Input and Output)

Recently, I installed the latest driver (23.11.1) for my Integrated Graphics on my HP Laptop. Issues appeared where:

1. Changing the system volume no longer has an affect. Windows will show the volume being toggled from 1-100, but the volume would always sound as if it was at 100. One would have to change the volume for individual apps in the volume mixer for it to have an effect.
  2. Prior to the update, the audio input device was, "Microphone Array (AMD Audio Device)". Upon installing the update, the device disappeared entirely from the device manager.

It has been verified that reverting the update via system restore resolves the issue. Installing the update again brings the same issue(s) back.

System Information:

Windows 11 64

HP

AMD Ryzen 7 5825U w/ Radeon Graphics

5 Replies
favion63
Journeyman III

i have the same issue. 

0 Likes

Yours also HP laptop?

0 Likes

Yes, HP with ryzen 5 5500u.

What I did to avoid having to format was to enter safe mode and with the amd uninstall tool I did a cleanup. Then entering safe mode again, I reinstalled (drivers only) a previous version of the AMD drivers. Everything worked perfectly.

adarsh97
Adept I

I have also got the same issue after installing the latest driver, so I rolled back to the previous version. HP laptop system configuration ryzen 3 5300u with radeon graphics. 

0 Likes
CKHSU
Journeyman III

Same here. My HP laptop with 5825u CPU and Adrenalin 23.11.1 driver has the same issue. Roll back to Adrenalin 23.8.2 and issue fixed.

0 Likes