cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

StagMaster15
Adept I

(UPDATE 8/22 8PM PST) 22.8.1 interfering with Vegas Pro

I've been using Sony Vegas for 5 years. 2 under an AMD desktop. And I use frequently as a small content creator. Recently, it came across a glitch where it made my preview and any clips I render turn into inverted colors. I thought this was a problem with the program and looked for solutions practically all day. I wasn't able to find anything, but someone mentioned this problem might have been an AMD driver issue.

After some investigating, this seemed to be the case. Particularly, the latest version (22.8.1) seems to be the case. So I prompted to downgrade to the only version I could attain (22.5.1). When I did a full install however, none of my programs were behaving well and I was getting several timeouts. But the issue was resolved in Sony Vegas, albeit briefly because everything later crashed meaning it didn't matter at the end of it. I went back to latest where everything was stable, but the original problem still persists. I tried to get around the issue by only installing the previous version's driver. And that was able to work. The issue stopped existing and my programs still kept stable. But then I got an awful freeze that forced me to shut off my computer with the power button, and when I turned it back on, the driver seemed to have deleted itself because my second monitor didn't have a display and a game I tried starting didn't work.

So I'm now just back on the latest driver where the issue I had from the beginning still exists and I'm beyond irritated. I just would like whatever happened with Sony Vegas on this latest driver to be resolved.

EDIT: I always forget to add my specs as some would probably be asking.

Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz | 16 GB RAM | Windows 10

UPDATE: I installed the new release of 22.8.2 and despite it being under fixed issues, this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know if mine ran under some special case or something, but it was rather disappointing.

0 Likes
9 Replies
StagMaster15
Adept I

I always forget to add my specs as some would probably be asking.

Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz | 16 GB RAM | Windows 10

0 Likes
StagMaster15
Adept I

UPDATE: I installed the new release of 22.8.2 and despite it being under fixed issues, this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know if mine ran under some special case or something, but it was rather disappointing.

Inverted colors is listed as known issue.

Perhaps you didn't explain exactly other issues when you sent bug reports ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ah. I misread the notes. I guess it means I'm still waiting for a new bugfix. Oh well.

0 Likes
TheAnaxMan
Adept I

Inverted colors in preview has been fixed, but inverted colors are still present in render.
Amd driver 22.9.2

12600kf + Gigabyte b660 Gaming X ddr4 + 32gb A-Data 3200mhz + Sapphire RX 6600XT + Windows 10 Pro

0 Likes

as of 22.10.1 update Vegas is still rendering iverted

Finally, in driver 22.10.2 this issue is fixed!!!!

0 Likes
TheAnaxMan
Adept I

Finally, in driver 22.10.2 this issue is fixed

0 Likes

This AMD inverted colors issue in Vegas Pro has been back since post 23.7.2 and reporting it in the bug report seems to do nothing. I've reported it many times since and worse, AMD makes no mention of it in release notes so you are left with playing Russian roulette installing updated drivers. If you do and the bug is still there now you have to go throw the DDU dance and hope nothing else is damaged. Once I was left with doing a complete OS image restore because OBS would crash every time trying to record the desktop after reverting back.

Installing/uninstalling video drivers are no minor procedure, everything relies on the GPU and of course the driver especially on complex production AND gaming machines.

So... at this point 23.7.2 is the last functional Radeon driver for Vegas Pro users.

0 Likes