cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Draxirch
Miniboss

Kingdom Hearts games are fixed. Its finally over!

Its been a long road since November 2023 when I first posted about this issue and started a journey into madness with both AMD and Square Enix about fixing KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 on PC, those who know know I've been pestering for fixes for months now.

I am pleased to report that with the joint efforts of AMD and Square Enix the games now work crash free.

Whether it be from installing a new beta AMD driver or Square Enix patching the EXE files to contain stability patches, these games are now in a state worthy of being on PC.

Whether you're on a PC or one of the handheld PCs like the Ally, Ally X, Legion Go etc, I believe these games now work perfectly and can be played from start to finish.

I got a Steam Deck initially to play these as I knew it had compatability and no issues, but now that the handheld King my Ally X can play with zero issues, the steam deck will be there for back up if I ever need it but my game time is now solely on the Ally X.

Thank you AMD and Square Enix, you kept your promise that this would be fixed in the future and it has been delivered.

1 Solution
Draxirch
Miniboss

AMD have also released a beta driver for 24.8.1, no idea when the actual driver drops but here if you want to install it just to be safe - https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-10-37-01.html

A patch also dropped on the games that fully addresses the crashes so this is the definitive solution they resolved crashing for the KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX- and also for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE.

This may be the solution for AMD users but unfortunately the same cannot be said for Nvidia users, I hope they address it for you guys too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Draxirch
Miniboss

AMD have also released a beta driver for 24.8.1, no idea when the actual driver drops but here if you want to install it just to be safe - https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-10-37-01.html

A patch also dropped on the games that fully addresses the crashes so this is the definitive solution they resolved crashing for the KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 REMIX- and also for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE.

This may be the solution for AMD users but unfortunately the same cannot be said for Nvidia users, I hope they address it for you guys too.

0 Likes
Janne_76
Adept II

Havent played that but ive been watching closely you trying to get the fix for it. Im glad it finally happened!

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

AMD users got their wish, too bad Nvidia had yet to address their issues though.

I hope they address them for those users too.

0 Likes
CayroMx4
Elite

Congrats! Maybe they will fix DayZ too.

0 Likes

Persistence is key.

They'll notice soon.

0 Likes