cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lowresoeyer
Journeyman III

kind of anti-aliasing is happening?

I'm a newbie to AMD forum so not sure which forum I should post this topic to.

I would like to check quality of my LCDs (all of them are 1920x1080px) and tried to check how can the image below be shown on each display.

1 pix-stripe pattern1 pix-stripe pattern

I noticed that my LCDs show some kind of anti-aliasing though the image size is 1920x1080(1:1). It is difficult to write how the image is anti-aliased, looking like contrast is weaken every each black and white pair in both vertical / horizontal directions.

This kind of anti-aliasing is not shown in case of Android tablet. It is seen when I connect displays to Windows PC (deploying AMD Ryzen5 4700U + built-in Radeon Vega graphics) through HDMI 1.4 port.

Is it should supposed so?

Should I set up Radeon graphics in some ways to see images precisely ? (I've disabled all anti-aliasing)

0 Likes
1 Reply
lowresoeyer
Journeyman III

I noticed that some applications do anti-alias so this phenomenon is not related to Radeon graphics.

"Microsoft Photos" seems to do anti-alias even if I select "View actual size" (when I do so, title bar shows the image displayed in "100%" size). However I select the image as a desktop background, it is shown correctly. Curious app. behavior.

Sorry for bothering you.

0 Likes