cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tetriser
Adept II

Re: Issus with installing 19.5.2/19.6.1 on Windows 10(1903)

Jump to solution

And yet, AMD AMF Encoder for OBS and the Display Capture source cannot be used with discrete graphics. If that's not true then the driver itself might be the issue the plugin won't work.

0 Likes
littlecube141
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks. the bottom one was at max. still same issue...

0 Likes
guppy0
Adept I

Jump to solution

I manually set brave browser to use the discrete graphics card to test switchable graphics and it doesn't seem to work, it defaults back to using the integrated graphics. And if you look at windows task manager for the gpus only the integrated looks like it is getting recognised in windows 10. All the graphs are completely inactive for the discrete graphics card. I'm using 19.7.2. 

0 Likes
inthey2k
Adept II

Jump to solution

I am still on 1803 and in my Task Manager I don't see any activity on "GPU 1 (Link 0) AMD Radeon R7 M265" either. I am on driver version 19.7.1. 

Don't remember to have looked at those graphs before. Therefore, I can't tell if this was like that before or not. 

0 Likes
carrylif3
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i m using currently  19.7.2 still it is not fixed i think it is windows probelm 😕

0 Likes
inthey2k
Adept II

Jump to solution

@carrylif3 

What exactly isn't fixed? You mean Windows won't show login page and stays stuck at the circling dots screen after reboot?

0 Likes
inthey2k
Adept II

Jump to solution

Just out of curiosity: Has everybody successfully made the move to 1903 now? I'm still on 1803, because since a while ago my update page says that my system isn't ready yet for the update and that I will be notified when it is. That wasn't there before. Must've come with a recent Tuesday's patch. Hence, I keep waiting still.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

If you have pretty much anything plugged into a USB port other than a mouse and keyboard, it is telling people it is not ready. If you want to know if it can load go to the media creation tool site and do the upgrade to 1903 from there. It will download a file that will check if you machine is ready and you can go from there.

Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) 

inthey2k
Adept II

Jump to solution

In fact I do have an external hard drive connected all the time (my backup drive). I wasn't aware that this could cause windows to think my system isn't ready. I'll try and reboot without the drive and see what happens. Thanks for the hint.

EDIT: Nope, even with the laptop bare of any external devices (even mouse and keyboard), it still says my device isn't ready yet. The list of reasons that may keep a device from being considered compatible for the update is long. May come down to an outdated Qualcomm WiFi driver.

Up until now I had been using the Upgrade Manager, which would check the system and download the update if it's compatible. I had done this three times, only to end up with the black screen problem. As I have a limited download volume by my internet provider I can't afford to re-download Windows at will. Then I tried using the ISO file, but got the wrong language version, which wouldn't let me keep my data but insisted on a clean install... aaargh... but I digress.

Right now the best decision seems to be to wait until Microsoft deems my laptop (or their package) fit for the updated. 

I was just curious if the black screen issue has been resolved with everybody's systems...

Cheers,

Sascha

0 Likes
inthey2k
Adept II

Jump to solution

At long last I made it to Windows 10 build 1903 now, too. After it intermediately updated to 1809 and running that for about a week now, it told me today that 1903 was available to install. I guess moving from 1803 to 1903 was the problem.

With Radeon software v.19.8.1 everything is working great now, as it's supposed to. 

Case closed! 😄