cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

skinner
Adept III

Issues and requests for better gaming experience.

Some may have noticed you can't force (16x) anisotropic filtering in dx12 with amd
Meaning if the game don't support it, and believe it or not, still happens anno 2021, nothing can be done.

Dx12 titles having no af;
-Far Cry 6;
-Death Stranding;
-Some Assassins Creed games.

I've send a ticket requesting the feature, but one person won't make a change.
Amd recently asked users what they would seen in the radeon software, so maybe they consider it if enough demand.

So you find it important, contact Amd about it.(bugreport).
If AMD reads this, its really gameenhancing to force AF.
Next, would it be possible to lower the Enhanced Sync below 35 fps? I noticed if the framerate goes below this I get tearing again.

Third, if have a 5K screen, the Philips Brilliance 275P4VYKEB 27" 5K and in the following games I have issues to set 5120x2880

Far Cry Primal, goes only up to 3840x2160
Asassins Creed Odessey and Valhalla give black bars above and under the image.

I hope AMD can give this some attention.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Hello,

Visual enhancements are mostly needed at lower resolutions, while at higher resolutions need less visual enhancements. First thing to be considered is the native properties of the display being used. Generally performance will be best matching the chroma, resolution and refresh rates of the display. Having a graphics card and Windows settings matching those parameters will provide the best performance overall. When I play at 4k I generally turn off/disable certain enhancements aren't needed such as post-processing and filters than while playing at 1080. In fact at 4k one can turn down or turn them off which will increase frames per second, and watch the temperatures go down. Best analogy that I can think of is like trying to drive 25 MPH in 1st gear.

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes