Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

icf80
Adept II

Issue wtih OpenGL in 22.11.2

Hi,

I am running an old OpenGL application (RX 580) that uses glRenderMode( GL_SELECT ) to pick and select objects in a 3D scene.

Using the latest driver 22.11.2 selecting and picking doesn't always work, the issue is sporadic.

Using the driver 22.5.1 it works perfectly every-time.

This means there are issues with the latest driver, something was changed in the driver for the OpenGL -> glRenderMode( GL_SELECT ).

Driver 22.5.1 reports: OpenGL 4.6.14800 Compatibility Profile Context 22.5.1 30.0.15021.11005

Driver 22.11.2 reports: OpenGL 4.6.0 Compatibility Profile Context 22.11.2.221130

0 Likes
1 Solution
icf80
Adept II

My issue has been fixed in 23.4.1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

The OpenGL drivers were overhauled, there have been some posts concerning specific Nv coding in some apps need fix. Send a bug report with details of the app concerned.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

thank you, I will report it.

0 Likes

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I think I've had a similar issue:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/bug-recent-adrenalin-causes-some-programs-to-not-load-... 

Mine's with Calibre ebook management software:

https://calibre-ebook.com/ 

Like your issue, it's sporadic: sometimes, the program, its ebook editor or its viewer don't appear to open, but if I check Task Manager, they're sitting in the background using 10% of the CPU.  This started sometime after Adrenalin 22.5.1.  The only thing I found to stop that behavior was to go back to Adrenalin 22.5.1.

The guess is that Calibre is using QT Web Engine to render its screen and that's using OpenGL. But, why the problem is sporadic, I don't know.  Anyway, I reported the problem with Adrenalin's built-in Bug Report tool. But, since the intersection of the set of all AMD GPU users and all Calibre software users is probably some miniscule number, I don't expect AMD to do much about it.  Maybe if it is an OpenGL issue, it will pop up other places (as with your issue) and others will report it.

thank you, I will report it. For sure they changed something in the opengl driver.

0 Likes

0 Likes
icf80
Adept II

0 Likes