cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tanquen
Adept II

Is there a way to get a AMD Vega 64 to work with a Denon X6500H? Nvidia seems to work.

This all worked fine with my Onkyo AVR. Now with the Denon, the AMD card will work randomly. Right now I have to leave the two computer LCD displays on and add the Denon AVR as an extended display and toggle the color depth and res until it connects. When I first set it all up it worked but the picture would go out if I used the Denon enhanced 4k mode. If I run a temporary HDMI direct to the TV it works fine and never has any dropouts. My old PC with and older NVidia card seems to work fine through the Denon AVR. I think it’s an EDID issue with the Denon or AMD.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I deleted a long reply but after looking at the Denon AVR I felt it didn't apply to you.

But found this Q&A at Denon Support: https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrx6500h 

Is this similar configuration you are having issues with? or are both Monitor and TV 4K? If not then I suggest you open a Support Ticket with Denon Support and see what they suggest.

The Denon X6500h seems to be a very high quality and very expensive AVR.

0 Likes
tanquen
Adept II

You can toggle the 4K enhanced mode on the Denon as it’s supposed to enable higher bandwidth HDMI options. It seems to simply change the EDID info sent to the PC. Not sure though. Denon also suggest disabling the video overlay and the monitor 2 output as way to help with troublesome HDMI devices. Denon support blames the other HDMI device. AMD\ATI has had many issues over the years with EDID and HDMI. It seems like this issue is both Denon and AMD. It works better if I go direct to the TV, so maybe it’s Denon but then why the heck will it work if I leave one of the two DisplayPort LCDs on? Even if the Denon display is made the primary display it cuts out as soon as LCDs are turned off or disabled in the Windows display settings.

All that being said, if I simply move the same HDMI cable over to the old PC with an NVidia card all works as it should. If I set the 4K enhanced mode on the Denon the AMD card cuts out but not the PC with the NVidia card.

Is there a way to reset or clear all the EDID info the AMD card has for the displays and or lock the settings to something the AMD card is ok with?

0 Likes