cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

2nd_Display_No_Signal
Journeyman III

Intel Subterfuge? No Signal 2nd Display in Windows

No signal 2nd display with the Ryzen CPU and the AMD graphics driver.

Biggest problem with AMD stuff?  This is a problem I find on every corner of the internet far and wide everyone with AMD is having.  Only reason more don't see is because they don't use a 2nd display. 

As far as I can tell, this is because Windows is somehow fast booting my computer without fully restarting.  A new restart will almost always get the 2nd display working.  But it's a PITA to do it every time.  So since I  long ago disabled hiberfil/page file in order to just to get rid of that, and also have disabled fast boot in the BIOS, what is Windows doing to make it fast boot and disable the driver I have installed so many times?  This is almost always fixed by a restart in the windows menu.  Windows is doing something to fastboot with the same settings.  Or someone out there is setting the computer not to close on close, and open every driver on opening.

I am paranoid because I believe there is some trickery afoot and probably that it comes from intel somehow.  They always install something to the computer so the computer is never really state free.  There is something go on here to keep windows from clearing on restart.

Once again I will state that it behaves exactly as other things have done which didn't come up properly after a restart, which I have seen over and over again down thru the years in Windows. 

0 Likes
0 Replies