cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

generalelectronicsfan
Journeyman III

Installing 24.3.1 causes my pc to not open applications.

Today I installed version 24.3.1 for my RX 5500 and upon restarting, none of the applications on my computer would start. I had this issue a few weeks ago and the only I found to solve it was to reinstall windows. I really don't want to do that again so I'm trying to find another fix. It should be noted that for the first about 15 seconds of loading into my desktop applications will open, and the pc will work as intended if I am fast enough to restart Windows Explorer.

3 Replies
generalelectronicsfan
Journeyman III

I have found a solution, I followed this video.

0 Likes

For me doesn't work, been having the same issue since Adrenalin 24.1.1, changing those keys in registry results in some apps failing to open even before installing the new driver (24.3.1), then once installed, driver package makes the system to fail anyway. It's not necessary to reinstall windows, the quickest solution when that happen is, rolling back to last stable driver (23.12.1 for me), as soon as windows shows desktop you have to be quick to run (win + R) msconfig and tag the system to boot safe in mode, in order to remove the software via AMD cleanup utility, or booting in safe mode via windows USB boot drive (more time consuming). Anyway, I'm getting tired  of months of buggy drivers...

System specs (if worth something):

Ryzen 7 5700G

32GB TEAMGROUP UD4-4000Mhz

ASROCK B450M Pro4-F

ADATA LEGEND 2TB NVME SSD

GIGABYTE EAGLE RX-6600

Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 80+ Gold 600W

WINDOWS 10 X64_22H2_ 19045.4170

0 Likes

For me doesn't work, been having the same issue since Adrenalin 24.1.1, changing those keys in registry results in some apps failing to open even before installing the new driver (24.3.1), then once installed, driver package makes the system to fail anyway. It's not necessary to reinstall windows, the quickest solution when that happen is, rolling back to last stable driver (23.12.1 for me), as soon as windows shows desktop you have to be quick to run (win + R) msconfig and tagging the system to boot in safe mode in order to remove the software via AMD cleanup utility, or booting in safe mode via windows USB boot drive (more time consuming). Anyway, I'm getting tired  of months of buggy drivers...

System specs (if worth something):

Ryzen 7 5700G

32GB TEAMGROUP UD4-4000Mhz

ASROCK B450M Pro4-F

ADATA LEGEND 2TB NVME SSD

GIGABYTE EAGLE RX-6600

Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 80+ Gold 600W

WINDOWS 10 X64_22H2_ 19045.4170

0 Likes