cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

williamna
Adept I

Re: Installation of AMD chipset driver 2.07.14.327 failed (Error 1603)

creating new user I was able to install the driver but after restart I ran into black screen  AMD please do something you are superior to this

0 Likes
shenny79
Adept I

I have a slightly different problem. When I try to install the newest drivers, the installer says that a system update is required before the drivers for RAID can get updated. I don't have any RAID configuration and I am running Windows 10 2004 release; Windows Update says that there are no new updates for my PC. So how can I proceed in this case?

0 Likes
programmist116
Adept I

Really needed
1) through "Uninstall or change the program" uninstall it
pastedImage_1.png
I uninstalled via the "Uninstall tool"
In the "System" section
pastedImage_2.png
2) Reboot you PC
3) Install New Driver Chipset
Perfect
pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
Journeyman III

same problem error 1603 and uninstalling with "MS troubleshooter" posted by elstaci FIXED the problem...yes it works.
delete c:\AMD folder

use MS troubleshooting to UNINSTALL all the AMD tagged voices (can spare AMD ryzen master)

reboot...run amd_chipset_software_2.07.14.327.exe and install the new chipset without issues.

it also bring back the voice on installed apps&features. (previously delete due a failed installation)

don't forget to review you ryzen power plan if u touched something in there!

kevinkitho
Journeyman III

After wasting hours trying EVERYTHING EVERYONE had suggested....I FINALLY got mine to work, (updating windows to latest, uninstalling, reinstalling various versions combos, dot.net, enable/disable airplane...Tried EVERYTHING)

Heres what worked for me; I enabled the windows administrator account, (set a password) > logged into it > downloaded and reinstalled the the last successful Ryzen chipset installer (2.01.15.2138) > made sure windows 10 version was bang up to date (2004) OS version (19041.388)> rebooted> logged into administrator account > downloaded latest version of Ryzen master (2.07.14.327) > disabled the built in windows real-time antivirus and firewall defender> ran the installer > hey presto finally installed after what 10 attempts previously! (you could also try right clicking and running as administrator too) hope this helps.

spec:

3950x 4.15ghz @1.21875v

Asus ROG Strix x570-I gaming

DDR4 3200mhz

2070S Founders Edition

Phanteks Evolve shift (mesh edition)

Arctic liquid freezer II AIO

idle temps: 46-54, Max load temp: 82

Cinebench R20: 9559, single:476

Windows 10 enterprise edition, version 2004, OS build 19041.388

kevinkitho
Journeyman III

did you ensure windows 10 was right up to date as i think there may be some minor issues running chipset (2.07.14.327) otherwise

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

I think I solved the installation problem. Of course it is a patent and AMD must create a normal fix. After the installation that had the fail result, I checked the device manager and realized that the latest versions were installed without problems but chipset were missing from control panel's programs and features. What I did is the following. Uninstalled with the use of the file provided by elstaci the Ryzen power profile driver. Then I ran the install file again and I only ticked the Ryzen profile. Everything went perfect.

shenny79
Adept I

Has anybody encountered this error below? I don't even have RAID devices and I checked that I am using the latest Windows 10 build. Actually, my OS was freshly installed one month ago and I didn't encounter any issues with the previous version of AMD drivers.

pastedImage_1.png

vanon
Adept I

Same problem here. Tried the usual install over the top. FAIL. Error 1603 logged. (Repeat install and uninstall failures until adequately sad.) Still would not install after thorough driver cleaning.

Temp Fix: Install OLDER chipset drivers (like 2.04.28.626). Example: Uninstall. Preferably completely clean AMD drivers (via AMD Cleanup Utility, and DDU, in Safe Mode). Restart after every step. Install older chipset drivers. Restart some more. (Now have fun installing graphics drivers; at least they're fresh now.)

Notes: Uninstaller also broken. Uninstall failed every time (and entry remained in Settings, Apps & Features). AMD Cleanup and DDU did not fix (they don't clean chipset). To remove Apps entry: Had to install (fail) again, grab the missing "Setup.exe" and place in certain folder, run uninstaller again (fail, but did remove entry).

More notes: I'm also getting "black screen" problem every 10-60 seconds in games right now (Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Talos Principle). Started before this problem, is actually what prompted me to install latest drivers. Please fix this mess soon AMD. Or perhaps these are caused by Microsoft (build 2004). UPDATE: Seem to have solved black screen (see my post history; Basically, with HDCP disable and/or underclock). Older chipset working fine, too. Happy gaming.

Specs: AMD Chipset Drivers (version 2.07.14.327). ASUS ROG B450-F motherboard (BIOS 2501). MS Windows 10 (build 2004). Windows Security AV (temp disabled).

kingfish
MVP

Latest version of DDU?

https://community.amd.com/thread/250936 

0 Likes