cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dennis_Menace
Adept II

Driver installer 3.10.08.506 failed to install on my Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus

I get a Failed to install Error, When trying to run the AMD Chipset Installer 3.10.08.506. Release Date 10-21-2021

AMD Ryzen Power Plan - Failed to install
AMD PCI Device Driver - Failed to install

The rest of the drivers install just fine.
Motherboard - Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics Card - Sapphire AMD RX6700XT +NITRO
Ram - 4x8GB G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz
PSU - Corsair HX1200W
OS - Win10 Enterprise 21H1 19043.1320 - Updated today

0 Likes
1 Solution

Several Users have had success installing AMD CHIPSET when it kept failing using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

Using the tool, uninstall all AMD drivers that is shown. Then see if it installs successfully or not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
rodlawliet
Adept II

How did you do with this issue? Did you find a way to install everything correctly?

0 Likes

Several Users have had success installing AMD CHIPSET when it kept failing using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

Using the tool, uninstall all AMD drivers that is shown. Then see if it installs successfully or not.

0 Likes
mccarlson
Journeyman III

I had this exact problem as you described so I arrived here. I soon did the following and the AMD PCI driver installed successfully! 

Execute the chipset 3.10.08.506.exe file AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. > Uncheck all the drivers except the PCI driver. > Installed successfully. 

This did not work for the AMD Processor Power Management Support driver however, so I'm still trying to figure that one out. 

[EDIT:] I later found this reply from an admin on a PC support site: "The Ryzen 5000 series do not require power profiles, so it doesn't need to be installed (nor is supported). You can just use the Windows standard power plans and they work as expected (older CPUs like the 3000 series do benefit from them though). Shame the installer doesn't tell you this though!"

So, yea....