cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

summerbreeze
Journeyman III

I need a Driver update for Late 2019 iMac Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB, factory GPU not bootcamp

Hello.

Please help!  

I need a driver update for my factory installed GPU, for the Late 2019 iMac Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB. Adobe Cloud will not recognize the processor, causing it to crash the computer over and over. I had to downgrade back to Adobe Cloud Photoshop 2023 to avoid more issues with the GPU not being recognized and no Open CL available, when I am pretty sure it used to be recognized. I even had to downgrade to Sonoma awhile back because of GPU issues, it seemed easier to stay in Sonoma, but I'm starting to experience the same issues because there is almost zero driver support even though this was the factory installed GPU. 

Sonoma 14.5 Up to date

Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019

Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics

3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 processor

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Memory

MacOS SSD

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
summerbreeze
Journeyman III

Hello, how do we get actual support? This GPU was factory installed in 2019. Only 5 years later, why is there no support? 

I am trying not to be upset, but the lack of driver support is disappointing and I know I am not alone. Please, can someone at AMD help with providing answers and hopefully, a current drive for download? 

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes

AMD Support, as a courtesy, has only Apple Bootcamp drivers to download plus again AMD Support will not help you with a Apple PC. 

As mentioned in my previous reply only by upgrading your MacOS can you update your AMD GPU drivers.

0 Likes

Since you are not using Windows Bootcamp drivers and are depending on MacOS AMD Drivers if you need Mac PC AMD Driver updated you must update your MacOS to a later version. 

MacOS provides native AMD drivers for AMD GPU cards. Unless Apple Support has a MacOS Driver download page like AMD the only way for you to update your MacOS AMD driver is by updating your MacOS to a newer version that has a native updated driver on it.

I have this Mac OS Compatibility Apple Support site bookmarked. Seems like you have the newest version of MacOS Sonoma that your IMac supports: https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

Screenshot 2024-08-04 153739.png

So if you are having issues with your MacOS driver you need to go to Apple Support for help. AMD Support doesn't support Apple PCs.

EDIT: Found this new Apple Website that shows MacOS AMD GPU Compatibility chart: https://elitemacx86.com/threads/amd-gpu-compatibility-list-for-macos.617/

Screenshot 2024-08-04 154620.pngScreenshot 2024-08-04 154710.png

0 Likes