cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aerbarmarch
Journeyman III

I accidently uninstalled my AMD graphics card, any attempt to reinstall it crashes Windows 10

Hello----

I have a LENOVO model 80k6, CPU: intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U, GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 M375 and Windows 10 Entreprise, My graphics Card AMD was working well and played games with it and even installed the adrenaline edition driver and ran it until i accidently uninstalled the driver or "device" from the device manager tab.

i tried installing the driver again automatically from windows 10 update and manually from  the AMD website but it crashes pc so hard that i can't even restore it, only when i disable it that pc runs well.

I've been wondering if it is a compatibility issue, since i am certain the problem should not be a hardware problem, when i attempt to reboot it it keeps booting infinitely until i disable the graphics card using safe mode, i've been trying to solve the issue for a while looking for forums and support but no luck.

I woud apprecite any kind of help and information, Thank you !!!

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Exemplar

You could try doing a system restore to a date prior to your accidental device removal.

Or you could try installing the original Lenovo driver.

Or worst case back up your data and do a factory reset.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes