cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

olael94
Journeyman III

I have an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS. The AMD 23.3.1 Adrenaline Driver makes my Video HDR extremely bright

I own an Asus Rog Zephyrus G14 (GA401QM). It had the AMD 23.3.1 Adrenaline Driver along with the Adrenaline software. 

I was watching HDR content the other day and immediately noticed that it was extremely bright. I already tried calibrating the Video Streaming HDR on windows 11 slider (picture attached for reference) but it doesn't make any change when I slide it to the left or right. Usually the Mountain and Building pictures changes while you slide to make the HDR brighter or darker. It also doesn't make any difference in the actual HDR content. 

I tried using the AMD auto tool to reinstall the driver but it remained with the same problem. The only way I can make HDR calibration is going down to Device Manager and update the drivers in the display adapter section. However, this installs an older driver (31.0.12014.6) dated 2022-07-12. It also gets rid of the Adrenaline Software which I really want to have to adjust saturation, contrast, etc. 

I also tried looking for the exact driver in the AMD webpage but it doesn't have drivers for AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS. I also went to the Rog Zephyrus G14 driver section for my specific model but the only one they have is an outdated version. 

I want to fix the brightness and HDR calibration, and be able to have the adrenaline software.  Please help me, I have done everything I could even restoring and installing back all drivers. 

Screenshot 2023-03-17 142154.png

*This screenshot is with the older driver which allows me to calibrate HDR Video streaming with no problem. *

0 Likes
1 Reply
daloco1
Adept II

as of late, this is normal. something is fixed and something is broken.
best option is use an older driver until next release.
here is a full list of win 11 drivers for 5900hx which is basically the same apu as 5900hs, just more power, and higher boost, both have exact same igpu.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-mobile-processo...

https://www.notebookcheck.net/R9-5900HS-vs-R9-5900HX_13015_13007.247596.0.html

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi II - Ryzen 9 5900X - Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO - 32GB G.skill Ripjaws V Series DDR 4 3600 - Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX - Corsair RM1000x - Corsair 5000D Airflow
0 Likes