cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

I broke my second monitor by clicking Clone Monitor option in AMD Software.

Hello
I just get my old monitor plug my rx 590+ HDMI and DVI. Anyway it was working perfectly until i press clone monitor settings. Then both of my screen gone black when i take off DVI cable( cable works pefrectly btw) i was getting screen from primary monitor when i plug back DVI both were going to black. Anyway i manage to fix by deleting some files from regedit [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\ --- Configuration-Connectivity-ScaleFactors ---] I manage to revert back but there is one major issue i can see my second monitor on the windows 11 options and AMD Software but it is still black. when i press windows key + p monitor option at extended. When i click monitor 2 and press Identify screen 1 icon pop up on left side.(system recory did not worked also) I can still see my monitor at system>display>monitor 1 and monitor 2. But still blackscreen

3 Replies

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. This may seem simple, but it can often fix minor issues.
  3. Update your graphics drivers.
  4. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your AMD RX 590 graphics card.
  5. You can download them from the AMD website.
  6. Try a different cable.
  7. If you have another HDMI or DVI cable, try using that to connect your second monitor to your computer.
  8. Try a different port.
  9. If possible, try connecting your second monitor to a different port on your graphics card.
  10. Reset your graphics card settings.
  11. You can do this by opening the AMD Software and clicking on the "Settings" tab.
  12. Then, click on the "Reset" button.
  13. Uninstall and reinstall the AMD Software.
  14. If you've tried all of the above and you're still having problems, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the AMD Software.
  15. You can download the latest version from the AMD website.

If you're still having problems after trying all of the above, you may need to contact AMD customer support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Try connecting your second monitor to another computer to see if it works.
  • If it does, then the problem is likely with your computer, not the monitor.
  • Try booting your computer into Safe Mode.
  • If your second monitor works in Safe Mode, then there is likely a software conflict that is causing the problem.
  • You can try disabling startup programs and services to see if that resolves the issue.
  • If you have a spare graphics card, try installing that in your computer to see if it fixes the problem.
  • If it does, then your original graphics card may be faulty.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes

I done it several times already it doesnt work at all. There is nothing wrong with my monitors. That thing happend after clicking clone monitor option. I was at reddit before i post it here.

0 Likes