cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

How to enable Freesync without AMD Adrenaline?

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: AMD 5700 XT

CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8 CORE 16 THREADS

Motherboard: msi b550m pro-vc wifi BIOS Version: Stock

RAM: 16GB

PSU: 750 PSU

Case: ThermalTake MicroATX

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 HOME 19045

GPU Drivers: Driver Only 23.7.1

Chipset Drivers: AMD B550 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 5.05.16.529

Background Applications: DISCORD, STEAM, UBISOFT CONNECT, EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER, GOG, RAZER CENTRAL, XBOX APP, LOGITECH GHUB, PHONE LINK

Description of Original Problem: I've been trying to figure out how to use freesync without adrenaline software.

Troubleshooting: I've tried searching around online and everyone keeps saying that it is enabled automatically, but that does not seem to be the case. I can tell when Freesync is activating from the OSD on my monitor and comparing it with a FPS counter. There was a setting I saw in Windows 10 about variable refresh rate, but enabling it doesn't seem to do anything. I've also confirmed that Freesync is enabled in the monitor settings itself.

0 Likes
6 Replies
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

Why can't you just download Adrenaline software?

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

Adrenaline causes system stability issues with driver timeouts that I don't really experience with the driver only install. I have done somethings that helped mitigate it, but the system seems to crash eventually with adrenaline.

0 Likes

In that case, I can't help you since I don't even own a free sync monitor.

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
0 Likes

That's okay. Thank you for taking time to comment on my post. Hopefully more people will come along to help me find a resolution.

dcastellanos
Adept II

If your monitor supports FS you can always turn it on from there. Make sure you're using the DisplayPort input for best results.

0 Likes

I can confirm that Freesync is enabled on my monitor and I'm using Displayport, but Freesync is not being activated. I can tell from the OSD overlay that measures my refresh rate.

0 Likes