MrBarry
Journeyman III

Having Drivers time out and Pc rebooting while playing certain games

PC specs

Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS

Graphics card: RX 5700 Xt

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

Ram: 16B 2133MHz DDR$ Memory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically im having driver timeouts like Vr and other games and with certain games like Minecraft im having my pc reboot with no warning.

I have reinstalled my drivers and it still hasn't fixed it. I have changed my power supply to see if that was my problem but it wasn't. I have been looking at my Event Viewer to see what might be causing me to crash but nothing bad seems to pop up. I also have been watching my temperatures but nothing goes over 70.

It's really weird I can play games like Escape From Tarkov and other big games and have no problem but when I try to play Minecraft and VR it will let me play but it will randomly reboot or have a driver time out error.

So if there is anything that I can do that might fix this let me know...

0 Likes
1 Solution
RPX100
Miniboss

@MrBarry hello there. Sorry to hear that you are having these issues!

Please have a look into this topic: RX 5000 series crash types and reasons

Not directly related to your problem, but useful info:
how to stop RX 5700 XT from downclocking? 

Please check if you are installing the AMD drivers correctly. (Windows Update can cause problems):
[clean install guide] - driver update - DDU - clean registry - sfc scannow 

Also please note that Radeon Software is automatically overclocking your GPU,
when you are using the default/automatic performance profile.

Let me know if that information was able to resolve your issues.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

I don't have VR but on my RX 6900 XT I do experience some minor video stutter in DX9 based games along with intermittent audio cutouts. I've also found a constant visual issue with all early access games where I get flickering artifacts on ground and water surfaces along with severe screen tearing. All sync options have had no effect on these visual issues.

As for the audio issues I've tested now 4 different brands of audio hardware and have encountered the same issue. The brands of audio devices tried are Realtek Hauppage  Creative Labs and AMD HD audio built into the GPU. This tells me the problem is in the games themselves a Microsoft issue or both.

I do know one thing none of these problems started until after Windows 10 version 20H1. That version nearly burnt out my extra storage portable USB 3.0 Samsung 7200 RPM HDD. Every time I plugged it in Windows had it constantly running at 100% load.

Had to do some major Regedits to stop that problem. Sorry I don't have a solution or advice to fix your PC issue. Hopefully some of this info will help lead to a solution. 

0 Likes
RPX100
Miniboss

@MrBarry hello there. Sorry to hear that you are having these issues!

Please have a look into this topic: RX 5000 series crash types and reasons

Not directly related to your problem, but useful info:
how to stop RX 5700 XT from downclocking? 

Please check if you are installing the AMD drivers correctly. (Windows Update can cause problems):
[clean install guide] - driver update - DDU - clean registry - sfc scannow 

Also please note that Radeon Software is automatically overclocking your GPU,
when you are using the default/automatic performance profile.

Let me know if that information was able to resolve your issues.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]