cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Draxirch
Miniboss

Great job with Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5, can you please do the same with Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8?

While the crashes are resolved in 1.5+2.5, I believe the same cannot be said for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

I am running into the similar GPU time out crashes with this title still.

Can we please push for a fix similar to 1.5+2.5 for 2.8?

10 Replies
backFireX64
Forerunner

Is this on 24.7.1 driver?

See here:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/24-8-1-relase-notes-and-the-download-link-is-wrong/m-p...

There is a mention for a fix for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5

0 Likes

No its on the driver that dropped yesterday. The one prior to 24.8.1

Unless 24.8.1 has the fully implemented fix, I do not know because 1.5+2.5 stopped crashing, but 2.8 crashes a lot still.

0 Likes

Can you provide a link for the driver with a fix please?

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes

It seems 2.8 is very finnicky.

Sometimes it doesn't crash, other times its very prone to it.

This will definitely need to be looked at like 1.5+2.5 was.

And now its not crashing, which issssssssss it....... Either work or don't work, its weird!

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

@Sam_AMD 

@Matt_AMD 

Sorry to ping you, but can you pass this onto the driver team that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE has the same GPU timeouts KINGDOM HEARTS HD1.5+2.5 Remix has and still requires the same kind of fix rolled out please?

The issues span the XT & XT/XTX 7000 GPUs much like with KH1.5+2.5.

The games that have issues are KINGDOM HEARTS DREAM DROP DISTANCE HD and KINGDOM HEARTS BACK COVER (The movie). They both crash due to the same GPU issues.

0 Likes

@cpurpe91 

Perhaps you can inform them if you can?

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

Bumping for getting recognition!

And to keep the dream alive.

The home stretch, fix Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and every KH game will be functionable both on desktops and portably!

0 Likes
Draxirch
Miniboss

I really hope this doesn't get swept under the rug.

You're so close to giving us the definitive portable KH experience.

@cpurpe91 @Sam_AMD 

You did well getting the word out for 1.5+2.5, now if only we could do the same for the last game on the list for Kingdom Hearts, 2.8.

0 Likes