cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jesusm
Adept I

Graphic Radeon HD8570 (integrated) -> Maximum Open GL 1.1?

Hi,

I've got a computer using AMD processor A8 6600 K 3.90 Ghz on a motherboard Gigabyte  GA-F2A88X-D3H using graphics integrated AMD Radeon HD8570.

I'm using Windows 7-64 bits.

I've installed recent software Adrenaline 19.2.2 from AMD web.

I need, at least, Open GL 3.3 to work with Luminar. However after software update (Adrenaline) I can get no more than Open GL 1.1. Is this the maximum I can get? Should I buy a dedicated graphic if I need Open GL 3.3?

Thanks, in advance.

0 Likes
14 Replies

A discrete card will be necessary.

The APU/graphics are Legacy...meaning no more updates. 19.2.2 drivers are not supported.

The last drivers:

A8-6600K with Radeon™ HD 8570D Drivers & Support | AMD 

jesusm
Adept I

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I'm sorry to read it.

I suspected it, but I didn't want to believe it because I don't want to expend my money buying a graphic card.

I'll think about it.

jesusm
Adept I

Ok. I'll have a look.

Once more, many thanks.

0 Likes

Here are the Spec for your Integrated Graphics HD8570D : AMD Radeon HD 8570D IGP Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

I stand corrected. I could find this information nowhere ...Since this is the case, I suggest the wrong drivers were installed. The OP stated he is using the 19.2.2 drivers which are not supported on these Legacy graphics.

The legacy drivers should support OpenGL 4.4, is this correct?

I noticed that HD8570M is still supported with the latest AMD Drivers. Maybe he downloaded the HD8570M drivers instead of the legacy drivers for his APU A8.

No, I meant maybe the OP downloaded the HD8570M or the HD8570 (OEM) Driver instead of the APU driver.

Reason why I mentioned that is because the HD8570M and also the HD 8570 GPU card does have the latest AMD Driver that he posted.

Do you know if the Legacy drivers support OpenGL 4.4?

I have no idea, really, but looking at this...OGL 4.4 was introduced in 2013

OpenGL - Wikipedia 

OpenGL 4.4[edit]

Release date: July 22, 2013[31]

• Enforced buffer object usage controls
  • Asynchronous queries into buffer objects
  • Expression of more layout controls of interface variables in shaders
  • Efficient binding of multiple objects simultaneously

...while the APU was released the same year

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-A8-Series%20A8-6600K%20-%20AD660KWOA44HL.html 

The Mobility version of the APU does not list the APU as supported ...so probably installed the graphics driver instead of the APU driver. It should not have installed, and I wonder what Device Manager shows?

Do you have any yellow marks in Device Manager/Display Adapter?

jesusm
Adept I

Great!

I'll try to download and install these drivers when I arrive home :

pastedImage_1.png

In accordance with this :

pastedImage_2.png

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
jesusm
Adept I

kingfish, you were right. The drivers I've installed were not right. I should have downloaded the two you say.

elstaci, you were right, too. My integrated graphics allows Open GL I need and more.

I've updated downloading those two files and I've got Open GL 4.5 now.

Thank you ver much both. You've helped me with  my problem and I've saved money. I don't need to buy a graphic card.