cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

magraal
Journeyman III

Installer doesn't work if offline

I'm trying to install Adrenalin 19.1.1 and it gets stuck on "Checking for new drivers..." It will not allow me to proceed with the install, even with the network cable unplugged. Also confirmed that 19.2.2 has the same problem.

0 Likes
12 Replies

Please explain why you are trying to install offline, then someone may be able to offer suggestions.

The GUI installer cannot be used for offline installs.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
joecrow
Elite

I always use DDU to uninstall old drivers then install the new ones with the network cable unplugged, no problem so far with all 19.x.x versions. I currently using 19.2.2.

magraal
Journeyman III

Trying to install offline because it gets stuck at "Checking for new drivers..." possibly due to a dns or other connection issue.

0 Likes

So you download/save the full driver pkg. from AMD driver download site, then go offline, start install from the downloaded pkg. folder(double click), after files extracted go to custom install.. then is that where it fails to detect/gets stuck ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

That is correct.

0 Likes

Tried disabling any anti-virus/personal firewalls while installing?

0 Likes

Yes

0 Likes

What graphics/APU?

What OS?

Laptop or desktop?

https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes
magraal
Journeyman III

Desktop, Windows 7 64-bit, RX570

0 Likes

Updated?

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes
magraal
Journeyman III

Service pack, security and optimisation updates, yes.

0 Likes