cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

frobbers7L
Journeyman III

GPU(RX570) driver not initializing on PC boot

My GPU driver won't initialize on PC boot. This has happened at least 3 times, and the problem is temporarily solved if I enable, disable then enable again my graphics driver (which is kinda weird, because the first time I enabled it, it wouldn't work, it said something something code error 31 something something

This all started after I moved my PC to clean my room. Later on that day, I turned it on and everything was just fine until I put it to sleep and then faced a black screen after I tried to turn it on again. I force shut downed it and then learned that the GPU driver just kinda broke.

Maybe I was too harsh while moving my PC? As far as I know, GPU malfunctions manifest as having weird graphics on the screen and/or sudden crashes, not some driver turning on and off.

The other option is that the recent AMD Software update broke my driver (I reinstalled it, and it's still happening), but I haven't found anybody else facing this problem

This here is the text that shows up at the event window (sorry it's in spanish):

El dispositivo PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_22F71458&REV_EF\4&1da95f35&0&0019 tuvo un problema al iniciarse.

Nombre del controlador: oem12.inf
GUID de clase: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Servicio: amdwddmg
Filtros inferiores:
Filtros superiores:
Problema: 0x0
Estado del problema: 0xC00000E5

0 Likes
2 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Here is the required information to help us troubleshoot. https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers did you use something like DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility? Do you know if there was a Windows update that overwrote your old drivers? Is there an error page, when you open Adrenalin, that says anything about Windows or your driver version being wrong?

Do you by any chance a have another PC to test the GPU in?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Sorry, here are my specs:

Motherboard: Prime B350M-A

Windows10

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: RX 570

I uninstalled the drivers via the device manager and reinstalled with the installer found in the amd drivers page My Windows version is up to date, but everything seems completely normal, there are no error messages popping up anywhere

And no, unfortunately I don't have any other PC

Maybe it has something to do with the BIOS?

0 Likes