cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Rick51
Adept I

GPU rs690 m driver

Hi  I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite a205-s5825. It has Athlon processor and I am looking for a video driver. Speecy shows I have a GPU RS690M  dev id 1002-791F. I have found several Toshiba drivers that wont install and am stuck with the Microsoft basic display. There is nothing on the Toshiba site other than a hdmi app.  I don't even care about the catalyst program as much, just want the inf to change my display of off the Microsoft basic

Any help and suggestion appreciated

0 Likes
4 Replies

There are no Win 10 drivers, the last were for XP/Vista in 2010.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on were I might find those drivers? Could it go under any other name?

Any other suggestions on something that might work with Windows 10

Thanks again

0 Likes

Found out that the RS690M is the ATI X1200

There probably won't be any for Windows 10 since that GPU is so old technological wise it won't be compatible with Win10 OS.

The only thing you could do is let Windows Update install a Windows 10 driver if it has one.

You can try using a Vista driver under compatibility mode and see if it installs and run or not: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/integrated-motherboard-graphics/ati-radeon-x12xx-series/ati-...

Thanks for the reply and will try that.  I am wondering since this is a old driver if this or Windows 10 generic driver would give better performance?

Will let you know if it works

Thanks